Release Pandora-Uqm : The Ur-Quan Masters For Pandora

zx-81

Certified Guru
Website
zx81.zx81.free.fr
uqm-snap.jpg

EDIT: sorry i haven't seen that pickle already ported it few months ago ...

Hi All,

The Ur-Quan Masters, sometimes referred to as UQM, is a port of Star Control II for modern personal computers
and operating systems from the original 3DO source code released to the fan community by Toys For Bob in August 2002.
See http://sc2.sourceforge.net/ for details.

After minor changes here is a port on pandora of the linux version v0.6.2
(i didn't take gp2x version, because i found it once my quick port was already done).

I haven't changed any key bindings, but you can always modify existing one with
a keys.cfg file in pandora/appdata/..../keys.cfg.

I've tested the LAN game mode, and it seems to work properly.

Sources are included, and this package is under the GNU public license,
read doc files for more information about it.

UQM for pandora

Enjoy,

Zx.

Have you tested other langueages? I remember that there had to be made some changes so for example the german Version worked, this was done in the GP2X port together with additional fixes. I remember that the game only displayed completly garbage if you used another language than english in the "standard" port. ^^""

fusion_power said:
Have you tested other langueages? I remember that there had to be made some changes so for example the german Version worked, this was done in the GP2X port together with additional fixes. I remember that the game only displayed completly garbage if you used another language than english in the "standard" port. ^^""

What you can do is just use the Pandora port together with the GP2X language add-on pack. The only thing that was modified when I fixed the garbled Deutsch was the language add-on pack, not the executable.

Last edited by a moderator:
...or so. :D
OK, no problem, I still have my GP2X game SD with UQM. I also wonder if UQM runs straight from this SD with GINGE and if its running, which one is faster. ^^"

fusion_power said:
...or so. :D
OK, no problem, I still have my GP2X game SD with UQM. I also wonder if UQM runs straight from this SD with GINGE and if its running, which one is faster. ^^"
Senor Quack's version didn't run for me in Ginge. Some test results:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/55835-ginge/page__view__findpost__p__906818

Last edited by a moderator:
In the previous port, the game files had to be downloaded separately, though they could've been included as they're open-source. Is it still the case here?

Does multiplayer with an external controller attached to the system work?

Back