Pandora Press Down?

Seems alright to me. Tried different ways to refresh and everything. No problems.

Ok, no idea. Works fine in Firefox, but I get garbage in IE. Then I tried private browsing in Firefox and got garbage, so I completely cleared my cache in regular Firefox thinking maybe I had an old page, but it still loaded up fine. Weird.

edit: it's garbage in Chrome as well, the exact same garbage (give or take some different non-printable character interpretations) as in IE and private Firefox, which makes me really question what the heck my regular Firefox is doing that it is NOT getting the garbage. No matter what I do, I can't get it to produce the garbage.

The server is misconfigured. If the browser sends "Accept-Encoding: gzip" you get garbage. It actually sends a gzip file inside of another gzip file... it's compressing it twice.

good call. Disabling gzip in the header and it works fine everywhere. Incidentally, after re-enabling gzip encoding it starts failing in regular Firefox for me as well, so I still have no idea what it was doing before that it was working when it shouldn't have.

Don't worry atomicthumbs is working on it, the page should be up soon, if it is not already.

We (well atomicthumbs) are currently transferring the blog to another hoster because of the repeated down-times, so this is to be expected for the transition period. Probably should have announced that before, but well here we go...

foxblock out

That's good news. Pandora Press got me through the hard times while I was waiting for my Pandora. It was better than lurking in the forums because I couldn't take the wait when I had that much information available to me. Just the quick updates was what I needed.

Back