Pandora Pcm Volume?

HackModford

Does anyone know if the pandora has PCM volume settings? The sound on my pandora is really crackly and I'm going nuts trying to figure out how to fix it.

I can get to alsamixer but no PCM volume.

Maybe not PCM, but surely there should be some other volume sliders you can turn down. Bring them all down while still being able to hear it, see if that helps. As best I can tell from your description, it sounds like a form of audio clipping but I don't understand why you would be having this problem and no one else. Or very few people anyway.
Have you tried dialing the physical volume nob around back and forth a bit? Only other thing that springs to mind is headphones I once had that had a volume control on it that had busted and would crackle unless the volume was in just the right spot.

I wish but nothing in the alsa settings I change makes a difference unless there's a config file somewhere...

Yeah, that definitely sounds like an audio clipping issue. I noticed that the deeper and louder beats of the music had the gravel sound, but not the quieter and higher pitched parts. Turning the volume down in the alsa mixer should have fixed it.

Back