Pandora not charging in summer season

PowerGod

Forum Addict!
Ok, you can lol at the title :D

By now I have 30°C in my house, and both my pandoras doesn't charge anymore...

dmesg keeps telling "Battery disconnected" and "Battery temperature out of range" anyway the charge status is 40% for one pandora and 5% for the other...

The one at 5% keeps restarting because of the low charge...

Both the devices are doing nothing, and the one at 5% was just started.

How can I force the units to charge ? Can this harm the units ?

oh, just to point out, the chargers have no problems, they works perfectly. If I remove the batteries both the pandoras starts up perfectly.

While it might be possible to override that, it's certainly not good for the batteries.

A solution could be to put the batteries into the fridge (not the freezer) to cool them down a bit and try to charge them afterwards.

Another idea might be to charge them with less current, so that they won't warm up as much.

I'm not sure, but I think you can set the max. Charge load somewhere in userspace.

Actually I found that one unit is indeed charging even if it still reports dmesg errors, anyway the charging led is still turned off.

I'll try the fridge trick with the other one that is still rebooting.

USB is good for "slow" charging, preventing the battery from heating too much.

I had my pandora stopping charging around 80-90% lately when using the charger. (temperature has been around 30°C + for more than a week)

So I tried using USB, it charged flawlessly (with wifi turned on), reaching 100% without trouble.

The fridge trick worked :D

I'll try even the charge from usb in the next days, with a higher temperature in my house :(

Back