Pandora NanoLemmings [Original Game]

If you need some Lemming-Samples, I'd volunteer to speak and record them.
Now that would be really cool!

I can use sounds for "let's go", a low humming kind of "nanonanonanonano" (actually two variants of that) for when they are digging or making bridges, some kind of squeek for when they fall in an abyss, and some kind of splash for when they fall to death.

Do you make your game fix for 800x480 or is it possible to play it on devices with lower resolution like the gcw or caanoo?

Or do you make to much use of the specific pandora controls?

Do you make your game fix for 800x480 or is it possible to play it on devices with lower resolution like the gcw or caanoo?

Or do you make to much use of the specific pandora controls?
This time it should be possible to port it relatively easily to lower res devices. Currently it needs a dpad, one nub, and touch.

Hm, I forgot about the touch, which makes of course sense for a lemmings like game. The gcw has no touchscreen and the caanoo don't have digital + analog pad...

They should go "nanonanonanonanonanonanonanonano" in a low, fast voice as they do stuff :D
Feel free to send me a sound sample I can use in the game :)

In other news, the nanolemmings can now fall to death in a splatter of red pixels.
Sounds like the voiceover doubles as the soundtrack.  If the level is constructed just right it could be very cool.

Ok let's use our Pandora's and record some sound fx for the game.

I start with this two wav files (recorded with my port of mhWaveEdit ) :)

1...Let's Go

2...NanoNano

License for it is public domain

But do not laugh too high for this :lol:

Attachments

• letsgo.wav
    111.8 KB · Views: 262
  • nanonano.wav
    1.1 MB · Views: 267
Last edited by a moderator:
The first one just sounds like "Lesse"
I know that my english pronunce is not that good...but let's hear your version :p

The nanonano sample could work better 2-3 times faster (with the same pitch)
 Ok that was just my voice recorded without any other effect...but i think you are right here.

^ Turns out the problem was that vlc was borked and wasn't playing the last second or so of the recording.

:rolleyes:

I think my "Let's go" turned out pretty good. Still working on getting a good "nano" audio clip to loop nicely. I'll be honest though, the nanonanonano sound get's annoying pretty quick  :wacko:

I didn't use the Pandora to record or edit it. The Pandora's built-in mic seams to pickup electronic noise from the Pandora itself.

Attachments

• let's go.wav
    113.8 KB · Views: 284
Wow, people are doing my sound fx for me now! :)

rError: did you make that sound yourself? It sounds exactly like I remember from the original Lemmings! Nice!

I will use any community-contributed sound effect (that I like enough and that is appropriate for the game), as long as it is licensed under something that allows redistribution and reuse in other projects (e.g. public domain, CC-BY-SA, whatever).

Feel free to use my voice recordings (if you think are good enough) for whatever you want...license for it is public domain

Reactions: Ziz
rError: did you make that sound yourself? It sounds exactly like I remember from the original Lemmings! Nice!
Thank you! Indeed, I did make it myself. Did four takes, said "Lat's Go" roughly 25 times in total. I said the phrase slowly using a deep voice. Then I simply increased the pitch by 200% and chose the one that sounded the best. Feel free to use it however you like (Public Domain?), but I will try to rerecord a better quality version. There is some high frequency noise in my upload.
I used (I think) the first "Let's Go" from take three, attached below (for verification purposes).

Attachments

• letsgo3.wav
    1.8 MB · Views: 243
I have implemented climbers and floaters now. So now pretty much all the original Lemmings skills are there, but with some twists. E.g. the climber can hang on to a perfectly horizontal ceiling and "walk on the ceiling" that way - it falls down when there is even just a tiny bump, but you could e.g. design a level with a "rope" which climbers can use to hang on to. The floaters are like in the original (parachute opens when they are falling too far), but they start gliding in random directions (if you do nothing) or in a direction you control with the dpad.

The core of the game is now more or less working (this was the fun part for me), but there's still a lot of more boring implementation work to be done, like limiting the number of skills, a game over screen (for winning and losing), a level select menu, etc. More fun will be to add music and sound - suggestions are welcome.

It is now getting close to ready to release an early alpha version that level designers can use to test their own levels. I expect that to be ready before christmas.

Back