Release Pandora Model Check

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
Here's a very simple and little tool I just made for new Pandora users or owners.

If you are unsure what Model you received, and what firmware is installed, this little tool in System will tell you! :)

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=pandoramodelcheck

01.png

Source : https://github.com/ekianjo/PandoraModelCheck -> feel free to fork and improve on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've tested it on my First Batch CC, Rebirth and 1Ghz unit.. It seems to work properly on all three models..

Nice release.. but why is the 1Ghz marked as a rebirth... and not a Super Pandora 2.0

Make it an "easter egg" then..

You have a rebirth edition 'Super Pandora 2.0', equip with 512MB of ram.

I sincerely hope your script is wrong - I just got my 1 GHz a few months ago, but the script is telling me it's an original CC model with 256 MB of RAM with a 1 GHz processor.  I thought all of the 1 GHz machines were supposed to have 512 MB and use the new boards...

I guess I need to email Evil Dragon and ask him about this...

I sincerely hope your script is wrong - I just got my 1 GHz a few months ago, but the script is telling me it's an original CC model with 256 MB of RAM with a 1 GHz processor.  I thought all of the 1 GHz machines were supposed to have 512 MB and use the new boards...

I guess I need to email Evil Dragon and ask him about this...
Open a Terminal window, then type:free -mThen hit enter. It shows the total/free/etc memory of the system.
This is what I get on my 1GHz Rebirth edition:

$ free -m
total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 488 133 355 0 4 52
-/+ buffers/cache: 76 412
Swap: 122 0 122

I guess the operating system uses up some memory so there's only 488MB total available instead of 512MB.

EDIT: Just checked and Pandora Model Check also reports "Original CC Model, equipped with 256Mb of RAM" for me. I'm running on SZ 1.52 firmware.

Ran top -c and confirmed I have 512 MB of RAM, so that's a relief.  I don't think the 1 GHz models are Original CC either...

I've tested it on my First Batch CC, Rebirth and 1Ghz unit.. It seems to work properly on all three models..
TrashyMG, can you confirm it worked fine again on your 1Ghz? It seems that other 1Ghz users had issues...

Ran top -c and confirmed I have 512 MB of RAM, so that's a relief.  I don't think the 1 GHz models are Original CC either...
Can you confirm what result you get when you type :

Code:
grep MemTotal /proc/meminfo | awk '{print $2}' ?

Yeah.. 

2013-04-22_19-11-17_588.jpg

Can you confirm what result you get when you type :

grep MemTotal /proc/meminfo | awk '{print $2}' ?
$ grep MemTotal /proc/meminfo | awk '{print $2}'
Funny, it prints a different result than what I expected! Just a little bit lower than for my Rebirth... 

I can make a quick fix but I don't really understand why the value is not identical...

could some of the old cc boards been repopulated with the new ram/cpu chips?
I doubt it, replacing an old SoC and placing a new one on would be difficult and it's easier to scrap the board.

It's just an issue with the script.. There could be several reasons why his 512MB detection isn't working.. It could report a different number because of the recent super zaxxon changes which frees up more ram and what not. there could be different manufacturers of memory too so there are slightly varying sizes of memory out there.. But his script sounds like he may of used a crude if statement expect an exact size for 512MB rebirth else it's a CC unit and the script defaults to the else when it found something different.

Back