pandora mode

H

hakmanplayer

I was curious to know what mode people leave their Pandora in when not using for 1 day ; is it being shut off or in low power/sleep mode?

I shut mine off completely, even for a few hours of inactivity. Unless I know I'm just putting my Pandora down for a few minutes, I prefer not to have it draining the battery at all. I don't have any problem waiting under one minute for it to boot back up.

I'm currently going on 8 days uptime. I think my record is several weeks. I only shut down when I do something particularly stupid and need to reboot, or I'm messing about with the kernel on my SD card. All the rest of the time it just goes into low power mode. I use it enough that I need to charge it every couple of days at least anyway.

I just shut the device down at night. The low-power mode is fine enough for anything up to three or four hours in anactivity, but after that I think it just sucks up too much power. I wake to find it at around 50-60% when I put it in low-power mode overnight and don't plug it in. So I shut it down after I'm done charging.

I shut it down whenever it's not attached to the charging cable. Low power mode really sucks battery power right down (8 hours in standby mode and the battery is at 30% and dropping fast). It's interesting that I can go an entire nightshift playing SNES - that's 11 hours with the Pandora running at full-tilt - and at the end the battery is at 40% - 50%, but it drains faster in standby mode!

Weird.

D.

Back