Pandora Mod As Graphic Artist Tablet?

kukacster

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I would like to know that it will be possible to mod pandora with a bigger, penabled screen just for drawing using gimp, maybe with fast access button on the side as a cintiq with integrated system? Could it ensure the horsepower necessary?

kukacster said:
I would like to know that it will be possible to mod pandora with a bigger, penabled screen just for drawing using gimp, maybe with fast access button on the side as a cintiq with integrated system? Could it ensure the horsepower necessary?
If what you're thinking of has Linux/ARM drivers to run it via USB, it should at least do something.

Last edited by a moderator:
kukacster said:
Normal tablet PC like TC1100 is much suitable for this kind of job. You need a wacom screen and wacom pen.

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends what you want to do, if you want to include a wacom tablet in a custom housing then check these drivers here. The Pandora should be fast enough, but only testing can tell if it's really 100% usefull.

If you are talking about using a touch sensitive LCD screen as input then you might want to check out modkits for the eee pc or so as a base or netbooks with built in touch screen.

(low res) 10.2“ touch screen lcd's go around 200 usd on ebay , so i guess it's better to buy a eee pc and mod it.

I doubt however they provide the same resolution/sensitivity as wacoms.

Or you can buy something like this beast.

This isn't going to compare. Most tablets have two ends to the stylus and a huge number of levels of pressure sensitivity.

Even if that's OK with you, a Pandora just doesn't have the resolution to do anything useful. You'd probably be better off just using a mouse to draw.

Back