Pandora looking like the Phantom, or worse

fr380

Still Fresh
I've been interested in the Pandora more or less ever since its specs began circulating around the net.

Since then, it appears to have gone dark. No news updates, no reviews - independent or otherwise, no useful or practical information.

I could be completely wrong, of course, a 'noob', perhaps. Maybe the info is out there for those who have time and the nose to sniff it out, but for my demographic - developers/ marketers/ webmasters please take note - someone isn't doing their job properly and I'm rapidly losing faith.

My visits to this site are becoming increasingly rare. Not least because it looks the same each time - unmanned and transitional. The only thing to offset the sound of the wind and images of tumbleweed blowing through it are the recent dates on the forum posts.

Am I the only one with the impression that these hopeful contributors are just shouting down a well and their comments and remarks echoing into the void?

fr380 said:
I've been interested in the Pandora more or less ever since its specs began circulating around the net.

Since then, it appears to have gone dark. No news updates, no reviews - independent or otherwise, no useful or practical information.

I could be completely wrong, of course, a 'noob', perhaps. Maybe the info is out there for those who have time and the nose to sniff it out, but for my demographic - developers/ marketers/ webmasters please take note - someone isn't doing their job properly and I'm rapidly losing faith.

My visits to this site are becoming increasingly rare. Not least because it looks the same each time - unmanned and transitional. The only thing to offset the sound of the wind and images of tumbleweed blowing through it are the recent dates on the forum posts.

Am I the only one with the impression that these hopeful contributors are just shouting down a well and their comments and remarks echoing into the void?

It is true that the mainstream tech media have not been kept abreast of the developments in the Pandora. With the majority of the pre-orders coming from within the community, I'm sure the developers did not feel the need to let the world know as their project moved along. The bulk of the updates were released in the GP32X forums and can be found here:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=43063

I'm sure that once it reaches final build status and they are prepared to mass produce them, you will see a flood of information, from reviews, high resolution pictures and testimonials from those of us who pre-ordered them. You may choose to believe or not, as has always been your choice. I encourage you to delve further before you decide.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I will. Thanks for the reply.

Good to know there are people keeping the faith. So will I, then.

I hope all development, production and distribution issues are resolved successfully, whether its during or after this economic blip/ catastrophe. Many of us will still be desperate to get our hands on it for as long as it promises what it does.

Back