Pandora Interwebz

Raz

Is it possible to tether a Pandora to an iPhone 3G's 3G network...

I realize that "real" bluetooth has just been started for teh iPhone and with the arrival of the new fw, it would require lots of work, but if bluetooth for iphone does happen, should this be possible...

Another q is that can a Pandora use a computers internet via USB?

Last edited by a moderator:
'Raz' said:

I realize that "real" bluetooth has just been started for teh iPhone and with the arrival of the new fw, it would require lots of work, but if bluetooth for iphone does happen, should this be possible...

you can already tether any computer with wifi to an iPhone and as the Pandora will have wifi then the answer is yes you can tether an iphone 3g to a Pandora.

Oh and bluetooth has no involvement in the process at all have a look online at info about pdanet for iphone.

'Raz' said:
There are already tethering apps for the iPhone, though they all require that your phone be jailbroken. I should warn you that AT&T may charge you for tethering if they find out you're doing it, so proceed at your own risk.

Using internet over USB is probably possible, but I honestly don't know if the Pandora will be set up for networking over USB from the start. If it's not built in, it shouldn't be too hard to work out, but if you're sitting close enough to a desktop PC to plug in over USB, why not just use the internet on the desktop?

'Chip' said:
Using internet over USB is probably possible, but I honestly don't know if the Pandora will be set up for networking over USB from the start. If it's not built in, it shouldn't be too hard to work out, but if you're sitting close enough to a desktop PC to plug in over USB, why not just use the internet on the desktop?
Because you need to download something directly to your Pandora or perhaps email something you've done on it. It would be easier to just plug in a USB cable. Or maybe you're visiting a friend etc.

Back