Pandora emulation vs. Smartphone emulation

fritata

I considered buying a Pandora for two years and I always heard the argument that smartphones can emulate all the same systems that the OP can emulate. This was my strongest reason not to buy one. During the few days in which my OP was working I compared emulation to that of my Galaxy Tab. Despite having only one core and running at only 850 Mhz, the OP's emulation was much better than that of my tablet. For example, Sega Genesis games rendering water actually rendered correctly on the OP, whilst the Tab didn't display anything. During GBA emulation, the OP correctly played sound while the Tab had a beat issue (the melody would play but the beat would skip). The biggest difference between the two is that the OP can play music at a much higher quality and has a stable FPS during emulation. 

I would have liked to do a side-by-side comparison, but I don't have it anymore.

Do you think that Pandora has better emulation because  it has better software or because it has NEON?

Last edited by a moderator:
bad lcd cables get replaced free of charge, contact your provider, hopefully ED. define "bad battery", either way, those are easy to purchase a replacement for

I think it depends. For instance, emulation on my Samsung Galaxy S 3 is superb. However, I wanted a dedicated device for gaming (I dont like filling my phone up with games). I think my phone could probably out preform the Pandora, but I'm not too concerned as the 1ghz model handels everything wonderfully.

@DaMummy Nah, I messaged Ed a while ago. I try not to pester him since others haven't even received their orders yet. I just ordered a new LCD cable and will attempt to replace when it arrives.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back