Pandora Desktop Environment Prototype Try 2 (screenshots And Videos)

Yeah, I get what you mean, it was hard trying to get another color in there to complement the blue well.

How about this then?

PandoraWIP2.png

MDave said:
Yeah, I get what you mean, it was hard trying to get another color in there to complement the blue well.

How about this then?

PandoraWIP2.png
Mmm. Real nice. The only problem is that the icon edges look a bit strange because the shadow is getting cut off ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
joseluisjazz said:
If you made them SVG, then it's gonna be perfect.
That looks really good compared to teh default blondie theme..
I just noticed the symbol on yoru wallpaper looks kind of like the transformers symbol

Awesome, DaveC. I'd be interested in seeing more of your icons along that style.

Could you send me what you have so far? You have my vote for the default Pandora theme, if you have the rest of the icons that nice.

I don't believe Matchbox supports SVG however.

uncola said:
joseluisjazz said:
I just noticed the symbol on yoru wallpaper looks kind of like the transformers symbol

That's the pandora logo...

PoisonedV said:
uncola said:
joseluisjazz said:

That's the pandora logo...

Pandoras robots in disguise.

Looking good MDave.

I've updated the theme dotfiles with MDave's provided wallpaper and icons and window decorations. It's looking real nice. Screenshots are below.

I placed the icons into the 48x48 folder, so that it gets scaled down, as shown below.

matchbox-pandora-desktop-mdave.png

Below is a nice example of the window decorations. The background color for the panelet dock could be better.

matchbox-pandora-xterm-mdave.png

Here are the updated theme dotfiles.

It looks great but I kind of thought the folders might look better is they were changed to look more goldish but not a big change, because the Icons really do look great. However with the small icons you can tell they need some thing to make that center logo on each folder stand out more. I am sure you will work some thing out.

It's starting to look very nice now; when a bit more progress is made it'd be sweet to have another video update on the blog with all this new Pandora based theme magic going on!

Steve

Hey wesbrown. I don't know if you've seen these yet, so I want to make sure these icons make it into this thread as well. They aren't done yet, but they're actually pretty far along:
wrjluh.png

They're currently all just in one giant SVG file, but will eventually be exported into png's.
Further updates on this icon set will be posted here. SVG file can be found here.

Back