Pandora Console Game System

noisome

This is just theoretical, but cool, idea I think.

A pandora board (or beagleboard, but I have no experience with that) wrapped up in a Wii-like console box. The only ports available are breakout SDHC ports (so you don't break the originals), and breakout USB port (same reason), and a HDTV out port.

Basically have an interface similar to XBMC and have bluetooth support.

All PND games can be sold in physical forms (via USB or SD card) in stores like Walmart for $5. Pop in the game like a mini NES cartridge and the game starts with no extra gimmicks. Pop it out, the game should stop and OS be reloaded.

Media center functionalities should be a top priority and have full functionality. A full homebrew and commercial home console with wireless controllers by default. Anything else can be added too.

But its just a thought. Once the Pandora crew is making money, the Pandora board will hopefully go down in price and this could be a great alternative to current systems for entry-level consoles with high power for a very fair price.

Probably a niche console idea. :)

A while back, Craig put forward the idea of selling the bottom half of a Pandora as a console type system. Not sure what happened to that plan really... they're too busy with the Pandora I guess.

Edit: Ninja Power

SomeGuy99 said:
A while back, Craig put forward the idea of selling the bottom half of a Pandora as a console type system. Not sure what happened to that plan really... they're too busy with the Pandora I guess.

I am actually attempting to get a No Nub Pandora and I am thinking of trying to set this into action. Just to see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yod4z said:
search for Beagleboard xM it have 1GHZ OMAP3, 512Mo RAM and HDMI output

Are they still waiting on their Chinese cases? I hope their customers don't just get board.

Last edited by a moderator:
A console makes total sense, and in the case of the Pandora should be *quite* doable - just need a case design and some testing, and oila!

Only thing is: the sofware has to really evolve for the console to make sense, because people won't generally put up with hooking up something to their TV thats a bear to use ..

Back