Pandora Availability In June

Eliminex

Still Fresh
I just wanted to know, when I buy a pandora in mid-june,is there a chance to get one till mid-july(ofcourse it doesn't have to be one of the first batch)??? (I'm going to order from a german shop,if they have some in stock)

btw I posted this too in the gp2x.de shop forum,sorry for crossposting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure there is a chance, but no-one but those small men in white can assure you anything.

I guess the first pandora's arrive at mid may (the 15th or something).
And as chip told us it would take another 8 weeks after that for the second batch. So mid july is something you could count on , but maybe it will be mid august.

'Eliminex' said:
I just wanted to know, when I buy a pandora in mid-june,is there a chance to get one till mid-july(ofcourse it doesn't have to be one of the first batch)??? (I'm going to order from a german shop,if they have some in stock)

btw I posted this too in the gp2x.de shop forum,sorry for crossposting.
If you whant one in mid July go for the first batch! I won't be surprised if it gets delayed until July (at least for the late first-batchers).

The first batch probably won't even be released till June. I say don't spend any money until you can buy it straight up

'dev45' said:
'Racemaniac' said:
'Spirit' said:
Sure there is a chance, but no-one but those small men in white can assure you anything.
the smurfs?

I thought the smurfs were Blue with white hats?

small men in white
they're small, and dressed in white (white pants and white hats)
it's not that hard!

'PoisonedV' said:
The first batch probably won't even be released till June. I say don't spend any money until you can buy it straight up
puzzles me why the devs don't just release a realistic date instead of the constant "oh um yeah we'll have it in 6-8 weeks" and then "6-8 weeks from _now_" when that time comes around.. <_<

Wow I knew this would turn negative....

realistically I'm expecting to get mine in late august-September. the only console or really good electronic I buy is usually during pre-holiday as most is released in spring/summer. I can wait, but if the opportunity does come earlier than expect-I'm going to take it. 'Sides, talking with devs also heading to GDC has made me change gears and make me want to focus on "RS" as opposed to "M:HDR". I'm prepping for the Conference on my site side of things as I speak.

But anyways...

whenever you don't hear anything...they are either living their life (which I suggest some of you do) or breaking there backs working on the pandora. The more silence the better. Seriously, the update-to-progress ratio needs to be higher on the progress end. But all at the same time they are in the middle of the "waiting game" on their ends so let them live and prep the Firmware/OS while they wait. :ph34r:

(just killing some time while my renders finish so sorry for rambling :lol: )

'Game_over' said:

realistically I'm expecting to get mine in late august-September. the only console or really good electronic I buy is usually during pre-holiday as most is released in spring/summer. I can wait, but if the opportunity does come earlier than expect-I'm going to take it. 'Sides, talking with devs also heading to GDC has made me change gears and make me want to focus on "RS" as opposed to "M:HDR". I'm prepping for the Conference on my site side of things as I speak.
I'd hate to turn this more negative but isn't late August-September pushing it? The Pandora team doesn't have an infinite supply of money. Even though they are relatively small team they can still run out of cash especially if they are working on the Icontrolpad simultaneously. Loans at some point will need to be paid back and in this financial market, banks are likely to be even less lenient. Pandora can't be pushed back forever.

August is realistic in the worst case scenario.

'CC_machine' said:
puzzles me why the devs don't just release a realistic date instead of the constant "oh um yeah we'll have it in 6-8 weeks" and then "6-8 weeks from _now_" when that time comes around.. <_<
Because if they do that, and something unexpected comes up, they get bitched at because it wasn't released on time. Or they could say nothing at all and people assume nothing is happening. I think it's one of those "impossible to win" scenarios.

'DisgruntleElf' said:
'Game_over' said:

realistically I''m expecting to get mine in late august-September. the only console or really good electronic I buy is usually during pre-holiday as most is released in spring/summer. I can wait, but if the opportunity does come earlier than expect-I''m going to take it. 'Sides, talking with devs also heading to GDC has made me change gears and make me want to focus on "RS" as opposed to "M:HDR". I''m prepping for the Conference on my site side of things as I speak.
I'd hate to turn this more negative but isn't late August-September pushing it? The Pandora team doesn't have an infinite supply of money. Even though they are relatively small team they can still run out of cash especially if they are working on the Icontrolpad simultaneously. Loans at some point will need to be paid back and in this financial market, banks are likely to be even less lenient. Pandora can't be pushed back forever.

Yes that would be in terms of a release, I was referring to when I think It would be good for me to purchase one as that's the time I estimate they would be releasing more steadily instead of in batches. (or at least it won't seem like it would go in batches)

I'm not sure but I think they are in really a loan situation in that regard.

'Game_over' said:
whenever you don't hear anything...they are either living their life (which I suggest some of you do)

Hey, guess who else is posting on a semi obscure forum on the internet!
Don't pass judgement you won't live up to yourself.

Man.... I ordered it like now and sent the check. Do you think theyre gonna send me an e-mail saying they got it? If they dont, my dad is going to be really mad and think we got ripped off. I do not want to live through that for 3 months until I get me Panny

So, not in March or April?

'PoisonedV' said:
'Game_over' said:
whenever you don''t hear anything...they are either living their life (which I suggest some of you do)

Hey, guess who else is posting on a semi obscure forum on the internet!
Don't pass judgement you won't live up to yourself.
I forgot my bottle of "Troll-Begone"....

hmm....I thought I had it here somewhere........

:rolleyes:

'CC_machine' said:
'PoisonedV' said:

This time last year they were promising it by summer (08 mind you). At that time I stated it would never happen, that it would take longer and everyone gave me shit. Told me to give them a chance blah, blah blah.
Meanwhile, the Wiz should be available soon and I hope that people get it. It might not be as powerful as the Pandora, but at least you will be able to get one.

I don't know if the global slowdown will cause the Pandora more delays. I know for myself, given the economic problems in the US, I'd go with the smaller, cheaper Wiz over the Pandora. For less than a pandora I can get a Acer aspire one and while it might not be quite as small as the Pandora, it's about the size of a med sized book and it's only $299 at staples, runs Windows and all x86 software. Best portable dosbox machine I could ask for.

Chris

You're lucky. Nothing fits my needs like the pandora :/

Waiting since my birthday in october now, and i know some are waiting for more time..

Back