Pandora At Tidc News!

Well, I don't know about you, but for me personally, I find people tell me to "Get Lost" just about everywhere I go. So, I don't know, Lost might just be lying around? 'Though I havent found it yet...

:lol:

from Veoh....oh.....wait maybe just Naruto. Naruto is annoying, BELIEVE IT!!!!

That particular videos audio is bad, but I was referring to a bunch of the music audio quality on there. That was just a video of one of the speakers they had at the Texas Instruments Developers Conference. Probably still one of two of the only videos on there.

Can't wait to hear from Craigix again.

Quick question- How do some of you devs do prototyping for your game/app, do you just use SDL; and are you planning to or already doing the same thing for the Pandora in accordance to the specs we have. I'm just reading up on the Opengl ES 2.0 spec and looking at some old resources that TI provided on there opensource website, http://opensource.ti.com .

Game_over said:
Quick question- How do some of you devs do prototyping for your game/app, do you just use SDL; and are you planning to or already doing the same thing for the Pandora in accordance to the specs we have. I'm just reading up on the Opengl ES 2.0 spec and looking at some old resources that TI provided on there opensource website, http://opensource.ti.com .

Just try and abstract as much of the program as possible, so that the graphics and audio libraries can be easily modified with the Pandora-compliant code.

Or just download the PowerVR SDK and get cracking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Game_over said:

My plan is to find out what we get first. I've never used SDL as I find its a huge bloated lump of code and I'd never use more than 10% of it anyway. I'm a "hit the hardware" man myself, but if the thing ends up having X on it, that might be a little impractical.

Thanks for the clarification, bet there still really helpful.

1 day until Craigix returns to the UK I think. I wouldn't be surprised if Evil Dragon posts the pics first.

Game_over said:
Thanks for the clarification, bet there still really helpful.

1 day until Craigix returns to the UK I think. I wouldn't be surprised if Evil Dragon posts the pics first.
but we have goten some news like this

We are using the OMAP 3530. That is the part number we have had in our system since November of last year, it just wasn't public so we had to keep calling it OMAP 3430. As far as I know, it's just a different number for use by different customers and the 3530 is just as powerful. The 35xx series has many different versions to strip out features that you don't need to save money, but right now we are using the one with everything.

http://focus.ti.com/general/docs/genconten...contentId=36915

To others: the frame buffer is in external RAM. There isn't enough on chip memory to do it that way. Even at 720p, there was no screen tearing on the demos I saw but of course it is possible to push the limits at some point. I just wonder what it takes to get to that limit! :)

;)

craigix said:
We just got done with this and will post some info and photos soon, im back in the uk on monday!
So, what kind of soon is this (is it along the lines of most of the "soon's" involved with the Pandora thus far, meaning quite a while?)? By soon did he mean until he comes back (I wouldn't think so because I don't think soon means 4+ days to upload pictures). I can't wait to see the pictures, though.

Note: I'm not trying to sound harsh. I know that Craig and others are really busy and have a lot to do. The only thing I was writing about was the use of his words (one thing to say it'll take a while to post pictures because you're busy, but another to again promise you'll do something "soon," etc.). Please don't take offense to this post.

Squidge said:
My plan is to find out what we get first. I've never used SDL as I find its a huge bloated lump of code and I'd never use more than 10% of it anyway. I'm a "hit the hardware" man myself, but if the thing ends up having X on it, that might be a little impractical.
If it has X you can still hit the hardware. Worst case you just open a fullscreen on-top window and blit straight to framebuffer. Don't be bummed if they decide to make a computer out of ... the computer.

I would also assume that at the time he wrote that, he was in his hotel room getting ready for dinner out with the team somewhere,

It's Monday 6.30pm in Sydney, how torturous. :( Being 10 hours ahead of GMT is annoying sometimes.

He said he was on the train headed home some hours ago, maybe he will need to sleep?

Yeah, but if he works himself to death it will surely delay the Pandora :unsure: .

Back