Pandora Arrived! Shocked Face. Old Fashioned Face.

MrMarkWatson

Still Fresh
My wife took delivery of an iPad last week. She wasn't expecting it, as i hadn't got round to mentioning I'd ordered one a couple of weeks previously. It came last Thursday, well ahead of when I was expecting it.

Today she took delivery of a Pandora. She wasn't expecting it, as I had told her about it some two years ago. She did have somewhat of an old-fashioned experession on her face.... just how much is all this stuff costing?????

I have a shocked expression on my face. The 'two more months' mantra is no longer part of my vocab....

More later...

"In my defense your honor, i ordered, and paid for that item 2 years ago"

Saved by a credit statement ;- )

Enjoy your toy.
B!

I have a shocked exp​ression on my face. The 'two more months' mantra is no longer part of my vocab....

I know, I have to say that is one of the weirdest things in my day today .. no longer do I have to lust after some virtual object from a picture of some random website. The darn thing is sitting on my desk right in front of me.

I CAN TOUCH IT! ITS REAL!! WTF?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

Congrats, and welcome to the Team!

Mr B said:
"In my defense your honor, i ordered, and paid for that item 2 years ago"

Saved by a credit statement ;- )

Enjoy your toy.
B!
If I bring mine into work, I'll have to explain that I paid for it a long time ago, and that I really don't have a grand a month to spend on electronic gadgets. (I recently acquired a Nexus One. It's going to be awesome tethered to my pandora.)

Also, pics or it didn't happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
SONY said:
Happy Anniversary to you and your wife.

Ok your sig is getting ridiculous. Do you REALLY need 6 huge pics of various DS models? WHYYYYYY?

EDIT: Sorry for derail. Write up a review of your pandora Mr.Mark

hedwards said:

Of course it arrives on a day I'm 100% busy with work, with a big client launch tomorrow. It's currenlty sitting charging, although slightly worried there are no lights on the pandora to show it's charging!

M

MrMarkWatson said:
hedwards said:

Of course it arrives on a day I'm 100% busy with work, with a big client launch tomorrow. It's currenlty sitting charging, although slightly worried there are no lights on the pandora to show it's charging!

M

D'oh. You put the two-round-pronged power thingie into the adapter horizontally, not vertically! FFS!

MrMarkWatson said:
D'oh. You put the two-round-pronged power thingie into the adapter horizontally, not vertically! FFS!
You aren't the first person to be confused by this, and you won't be the last. I think OPT made a questionable choice here, not giving the North American customers a figure 8 style cable that can be changed to our sockets easily, but hopefully there won't be too much backlash.

Well we did buy a lot of figure 8 ones only to discover they were not as good as promised. The ones with the adapter are better power supplies.

MrMarkWatson said:
hedwards said:

M

No light = no charging, there should be a nice glowing red charging LED accompanied by a green power-on LED if the Pandora is charging. As mentioned elsewhere something isn't plugged in properly.

craigix said:
Well we did buy a lot of figure 8 ones only to discover they were not as good as promised. The ones with the adapter are better power supplies.
I'm not saying they aren't good adapters, just that it's going to confuse a lot of people and may have been better to source a third adapter if the others weren't working.
What might help is to send the plugs with the adapter already attached, or put some electrical tape across the horizontal holes to suggest they shouldn't be used.

craigix said:

I got one of those adaptors and I quite like it. I did put it in the wrong way the first time I plugged it in :D

I'm in Canada. For convenience, I'm thinking of popping into a Sony store and picking up a genuine PSP charger as my primary charger, and perhaps keep the UK-to-EURO-to-US chain for travel. Would you consider this a wise purchase?

If the battery is in, check it's inserted properly, the light should come up max 10 minutes later.

Back