Pandora Apps And Sdhc Read/write Speed?

gahndalf

Just a quick question. Probly a dumb one too.
Do any of the current GP2x apps require the higher read / write speed of a class 6 card?
Will Pandora and or its software be powerfull enough to put them to their limit?
Do i need to upgrade my current SD cards?

Thanks!

they are almost a year old. new enough not to want to toss them out. they are a mix of class 2 and 4.

i have seen talk about adding 3d librarys to support the video end of the pandora
are these going to be on the internal memory?
doesn't seem likley with it only being (i think it said)256 megs.
so if this happens how much thoughput is going to be required to load the 3d Mesh's?

It just seems to me that even a class 6 card is going to be a bottle neck.

I think for the sake of performance we should be asking for a larger internal storage.

/copydir said:
I think for the sake of performance we should be asking for a larger internal storage.
The 256MiB of internal flash is only for the firmware and 256MiB is more than enough, and also it's part of the ram chip so it's size is unlikely to change.
You will probably have to install everything onto a sd card, but then sd cards are replaceable so you wouldn't want to install stuff to internal even if it is possible.
As for the throughput I doubt many programs will be streaming things off the card partially because most homebrew won't reach anywhere near the 128MiB that the pandora has, that said the pandora is a powerful machine and it wouldn't hurt to get at least one high performance card, I will be buying a class 6 8GiB card myself.

For the 3d libraries thing, I'm not sure what you are talking about. Loading a library is a one time operation when the program using it starts and code never requires much bandwidth to load.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back