Pandora Angst Coding Competition 2010: The Winners

Mr 2X

Website
lostsite.altervista.org
Finally they's been published the results of the Pandora Angst Coding Competition 2010.

… And the winners are:

1st Place: So lets roll a smile [Dingux]

Author: Rodrigo Cardoso – Prize: 328 € approx.

so_lets_roll_a_smile_screen1.PNG

2nd Place: Nether Dimensional Runner [GP2X/Wiz]

Author: Imerion - Prize: 286 € approx.

NDR_screen2.png

3rd Place: Tower of Gowno [GP2X/Dingux]

Author: Povder & Zear - Prize: 204 € approx.

tower_of_gowno_screen2.png

Complete Results

Official Webpage & Downloads

20100209_pandora_angst_coding_competition_2010_%28wiz_misc%29.png

And here's my comment regarding the GP32 entries (the only ones I could try out, lacking all the other devices):

- vAtari:

Very easily the best 2600 emulator for the GP32, comes preconfigured for many popular games, which mostly work without any slowdowns even at 133mhz. Emulation itself is great, the only thing that could be better is the whole GUI thing, which kinda feels a bit backward.

- MojoGP:

Application that displays guitar chords on a virtual fretboard. Quite useful in itself if you can't be bothered to memorize many chords (or don't even know the more exotic ones), but there are two major flaws with it: The fretboard is displayed the wrong way round (ie. for left handed people rather than for the majority of right handed guitarists) and it doesn't play the chords back acoustically. When writing a song, being able to check if a certain chord fits would be a very useful feat.

So my final verdict for the GP32 entries: Despite being out of the game for almost five years, there's still a bit of life in the ol' GP32. While everyone who was part of the scene back in the good old days will agree that nothing after that even came close, it's nice to see that people who still support the GP32 treat their projects as a labour of love. Thanks from the Grandpa section of the Gamepork scene to both authors and compo starters.

Thanks for the feedback Don :)

I'd like to point out that the guitar displayed IS right handed! I went with what looked pretty rather than what was more functional as I only had a few hours to put it together. I'm guessing that you would expect to see the headstock on the left as it would appear from a right handed players perspective and with the low E string at the bottom as with tab. ( like this: http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/ )

I'm going to make a proper guitar chord/scale program in the future and a "Strum" function will definitely be included, along with lots of options for how to display the notes! :)

wub.

Wow, awesome! I'm really happy my game got in second place! An updated version will be released in a few days. Thanks to everyone involved in the compo, it was really fun.

Winning something is really Very nice :)

I will release a new and better version with different difficult levels and new stages as soon as possible =)

someone has these gp32 programs ? because these links dont works.

Back