Nether Dimensional Runner 1.1

Imerion

A new version of Nether Dimensional Runner is complete. Version 1.1 fixes a bunch of bugs that were present in the last version.

In Nether Dimensional Runner you are tasked with collecting rare elements only found in the nether dimensions. Jump, warp, shoot and bounce your way through 26 action-packed levels while avoiding mining robots, spikes, auto-turrets and bosses that stand in your way. Also included is crazy graphics that a screenshot cannot do justice and music that makes you feel really awesome!

The WIZ-version of Nether Dimensional Runner won second place in the Pandora Angst Coding Competition 2010!

The game can be downloaded for WIZ, GP2X, Linux and Windows here : Nether Dimensional Runner.

Please tell me if you know of any more bugs or have any ideas for improvements.

d6ab5b16dc.gif

Oh, nice of you to make a video of it! I was planning om making one myself but never got around to do it. Mind if I link to it from my page?

My favourite Wiz game from PACC, for sure :) Very nice job on the graphics, you're right screenshots don't do them justice.

I'm curious, how long did it take you to make it from start to finish?

Imerion said:
Oh, nice of you to make a video of it! I was planning om making one myself but never got around to do it. Mind if I link to it from my page?
Sure. CasualWiz is just so people can see what a game is like to play (with good audio) and to also show things like loading times, amount of screen-tear etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
My favourite Wiz game from PACC, for sure Very nice job on the graphics, you're right screenshots don't do them justice.

I'm curious, how long did it take you to make it from start to finish?

Thanks! It was a hard to time to get the graphics to run on the Wiz though. The "HI"-version works decently but is quite slow. Especially later on. That is why I made a normal version without the background effects, which runs smooth almost all the time. I think I could have optimized more things, but time simply ran out.

It's hard to say since I worked on it a little for the first month then started working quite a lot the last month. Perhaps 1 hour a day with more time towards the end for the final month. That doesn't count the music though, which Marcus made. I'm not sure how long time that took.

Back