Pandora And Psgroove, The Open Source Ps3 Jailbreak

Blue Ion said:
Sigh...
What happened to the pandora port they showcased so proudly some time ago?

Ok, maybe he wasn't doing the work, but why whomever was doing it, didn't either finish a quick port or at least release what he has done so far so either we could complete it, or at least enjoy whatever has been done so far.

I miss some chu chu rocket :(
We haven't seen the last of it. Drk and/or ZeZu may revisit it when they have Pandora hardware, and Adventus has access to the sources too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gruso said:
Blue Ion said:
Sigh...
What happened to the pandora port they showcased so proudly some time ago?

Ok, maybe he wasn't doing the work, but why whomever was doing it, didn't either finish a quick port or at least release what he has done so far so either we could complete it, or at least enjoy whatever has been done so far.

I miss some chu chu rocket :(
We haven't seen the last of it. Drk and/or ZeZu may revisit it when they have Pandora hardware, and Adventus has access to the sources too.

Anyone trying to use the pandora to install backup manager... it already works. Just use the psfreedom.ko from Notaz in this topic.

You can use the psfreedom-enable and psfreedom-disable sh files from the nokia package: http://www.ps3-hacks.com/file/85

It pretty much just inserts the psfreedom.ko (insmod psfreedom.ko) I think. I didn't really look into, but it works.

Good luck.

Jurn

Woo! :) Thanks JurnD. So, anyone else keen to give this a go?

We should decide whether we want to announce it, or keep it as SECRET GP32X BUSINESS. It would need to be re-hosted somewhere, but I don't think it should go into the official archives.

Woo! It seems to work!
Those sh files wouldn't work for me, so I tried just
Code:
sudo insmod psfreedom.ko
and it worked.
Now I'm just trying to figure out/remember where to put the pkg files...
I remembered it's the root of a separate usb storage device.

Many Thanks!

Gruso said:
It's the same cat & mouse game with Sony from here on. You get homebrew, or you get PSN. I choo-choo-choose homebrew.

[edit] Little birdy says Drk||Raziel is porting NullDC!
Ported.
EDIT: And I'd definitely love to be able to Jailbreak a PS3 from a Pandora, that'd make it worth owning (the PS3, I mean). The Pandora is already bridging the gap between magic and technology :lol:

Gruso said:
We should decide whether we want to announce it, or keep it as SECRET GP32X BUSINESS. It would need to be re-hosted somewhere, but I don't think it should go into the official archives.
Well that module doesn't have anything illegal in it, it's just a piece of some strange code. The separately distributed payload files may have something in them, but I'm not even sure about that.

I'm just wondering if that's the kind of attention Craig and ED want on their archives. It's a lot more difficult for Sony to pursue these free variants than the original jig, but the Pandora is an easy target so perhaps we should keep it out of official channels. I'll check with atomicthumbs, maybe we can host it on pandorapress/bunnitude.

Gruso said:
I'm just wondering if that's the kind of attention Craig and ED want on their archives. It's a lot more difficult for Sony to pursue these free variants than the original jig, but the Pandora is an easy target so perhaps we should keep it out of official channels. I'll check with atomicthumbs, maybe we can host it on pandorapress/bunnitude.
While there's nothing in the code that's technically illegal (and as said the payload it drops is quite probably legal as well) i don't think small things like "laws" or "rights" matter to Sony and an army of lawyers. Then again i would imagine them targetting the bigger devices (HTC phones, jailbroken iphones) would be more likely than targetting the Pandora due to the fact there's so few of them

OK finally got round to doing this. Remarkibly easy, download file, run command, turn on PS3 by the switch at the back then hitting reset and eject straight after, and install stuff from USB drive. I'll admit i was expecting more than that lol

Couple of questions, trying to play Black Ops but it needs 3.50 firmware, i know about the hermes v0.4 mod that also enables PSN as well as making your PS3 think it's actually on 3.50. Anyway this will run from a pandora? Don't really have anything else that'll jailbreak my PS3, and the latest nokia version is in a .bin file not a nice easy .ko, so i have no idea how to make it run on my pandora...

I've downloaded the nokia hermesv0.4 package and grabbed the psfreedom.ko out of that but it's not working on my pandora (invalid module format) this is with both the OMAP and the other version in the other folder who's name escapes me at the moment

Cheers

Back