pandora accessories idea

ive changed the design alot to only add 2 buttons and minimize the size of the accessorie and not over up any other ports on the pandora.

the L2 and R2 buttons sit just under the pandoras normal trigger buttons.

microbuttons1.png

microbuttons2.png

I'm still not entirely certain why USB, but it's your design. Good luck! :D

I'd want to say that USB is a terrible choice. But it has one major advantage; auto configuraton. How is the system supposed to know what you connect to the EXT port? It can't, really. So if you use the EXT port, you have to configure it yourself, back to the happy old DOS days, eh?

I'd want to say that USB is a terrible choice. But it has one major advantage; auto configuraton. How is the system supposed to know what you connect to the EXT port? It can't, really. So if you use the EXT port, you have to configure it yourself, back to the happy old DOS days, eh?
thats the main reason i choose usb. i dont want all the hastle of making driver files just to get a simple button to work

i had a similar idea to this a while back. you could buy up spare battery compartments, and what i would do then is mold something like the bottom half of a game controller, with the L2 and R2 buttons on it. this would go around the whole bottom of the console to give a more comfortable and less square grip along with those buttons. the whole unit would connect via usb for the switches, so no internal modding. a usb hub could be added, possibly along with some kind of 3G dongle, inside the hand grips, maybe some additional storage, which would all connect to the USB hub. it wouldnt be the most on the go friendly setup, but it would make it more comfortable for more intensive gaming times.

the logistics of it all though is a little complicated though, getting the perfect shape and getting it made.
bit of a gravedig, but i just saw this on engadget and this is basically how i would want it to look but with different electronic functionality to extend the features of the pandora.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/26/deluxe-power-grip-bulks-up-your-3ds-with-extended-battery-life/

the battery extender isn't a bad idea but i would be more interested, as i said before in L2 and R2 controls, extra storage, USB hubs and devices (like a USB 3G stick hidden away) etc. its good to visualize what i mean though!

I could start building these if someone made software to use the ext port for L2 R2.

I could start building these if someone made software to use the ext port for L2 R2.
based on zero experience in programming, i cant see why or how this would be much of a problem!

i would throw down a good few notes for something like that!

hmm i don't know who would be interested, but you could buy up some of the EXT connectors and have it so that you plug it into the pandora and on the controller shell outputs to some RCA jacks for a really straightforward and accessible way to get TV out going as well as having a real controller feel. obviously this is in lieu of official TV out cables, but it might provide something a little more robust than i would feel comfortable putting together myself.

This is an intriguing idea.If you could make these it would be cool. Im sure one of the many programmers on the forums could do the software for the external port.

Back