Pandora Pandora 3G+ ready

numidark

Still Fresh
Hello ED, I wanted to know if the next version of the hotfix, it is possible that the Pandora is "3G ready" and that we are enough to put our "3G+ key" and everything is taken care of?

This would be possible?

Cordially

This probably depends on which 3G key you use. There are different 3G chips that need different drivers (software on the Pandora) to work. Some of these chips don't have Linux drivers yet. The best solution would be only buying a 3G key that you know works on the Pandora.

I don't think that there will be any more hotfixes in this version (Zaxxon) of the operating system.

In the next version (Yars revenge) it might be possible to automatically download the correct driver (if there is a Linux driver available).

Thank you for you're reponse ;) when the «Yars revange» operating system it is planned ?

Cordialy

I don't think anyone knows, we are concentrating on making pandoras in germany at the moment

I don't think that there will be any more hotfixes in this version (Zaxxon) of the operating system.

In the next version (Yars revenge) it might be possible to automatically download the correct driver (if there is a Linux driver available).

They are still working hotfixes for Zaxxon.

Quote from EvilDragon.

Bug report :

When manually invoking /usr/pandora/scripts/op_power.sh, i see a nasty syntax error, a missing 'fi' at the line 173 !

Already fixed in HF7 Alpha 1 (you could've checked the bugtracker for this issue ;) )
I thought that Hotfix 6 was the last Hotfix for the old Kernel and the next update is finaly the all new Pandora OS Version. ^^"

Well, that was the plan, but there's no reason to stop fixing bugs and doing updates until DJWillis has the new OS ready, is there? :)

They are still working hotfixes for Zaxxon.

Quote from EvilDragon.

Bug report :

When manually invoking /usr/pandora/scripts/op_power.sh, i see a nasty syntax error, a missing 'fi' at the line 173 !

Already fixed in HF7 Alpha 1 (you could've checked the bugtracker for this issue ;) )
I thought that Hotfix 6 was the last Hotfix for the old Kernel and the next update is finaly the all new Pandora OS Version. ^^"

Well, that was the plan, but there's no reason to stop fixing bugs and doing updates until DJWillis has the new OS ready, is there? :)

Right you are then. There will be some more hotfixes in Zaxxon because DJWillis hasn't finished the core of Yars' revenge.

Back