Pandora- 2 players and tv?

The Thinker

Still Fresh
Hi, sometimes may be boring to play alone so I wonder if it is possible to connect 2 gamepads ( i have the xbox controllers of my pc) to the pandora, connect the device to the tv and play games like streetfighters with 2 friends. Do you need to remap config files or is it easy? Please let me know...

Thank you

The Thinker

Last edited by a moderator:
It can be done.

You can use an USB gamepad, or a bluetooth one, like the iCP.

PCSX ReARMed and Picodrive are pretty easy to set up.

I had some fun with Super Mario War, an ICP and a TV out cable.

PCSX is also great.

Played some Star Wars Demolition, too.

Why not.

Hmmm in the link you gave me it's written that xbox controller doesn't work with pandora. Anyway I use them in my pc with Debian Linux and I know you can install that distro in Pandora too, if I manage to do that should it work in your opinion? Anyway I would like to be sure if is it possible to challenge one of your friends on the same device with external gamepads, I read somewhere that especially for snes you have to remap controls and it was not so easy, is it mame playable in 2 players mode or you need 2 pandora? I know you can use a laptop but I'm curious to know more about the potential of pandora ;)

Oh i took a look at the list, but skipped this controller !

Mmm i'm very surprised that it's not recognized... it's supported under Linux, so it must work on OP.

I can say for sure that what it now says about the PS3 controller is completely wrong. I use the Dualshock 3 on my Pandora fairly frequently. Everything except rumble works (and actually that's annoying, because with some games it means you can't easily set the controls since they detect the slight tilt of the controller).

I don't know if the XBox controller works, but I do know that the Logitech F310 in XInput mode (which makes it very similar, but not identical, to an XBox 360 controller) doesn't work on the Pandora (does on a regular GNU/Linux PC, though, last time I checked, but maybe it required some nonfree software that Linux Mint included).

Hello there,

I'm interested in this subject. Il is possible to connect 2 USB/bluetooth gamepads to the Pandora? What are the emulators that can support that? Are the 2 USB ports able to give enough "power" to use both gamepads? Or do I need some USB hub?

I'm mostly interested in playing arcade/SNES/MegaDrive/MS-DOS fighting and beat'em all games.

Thanks! :)

Hello there,

I'm interested in this subject. Il is possible to connect 2 USB/bluetooth gamepads to the Pandora? What are the emulators that can support that? Are the 2 USB ports able to give enough "power" to use both gamepads? Or do I need some USB hub?

I'm mostly interested in playing arcade/SNES/MegaDrive/MS-DOS fighting and beat'em all games.

Thanks! :)
You will need a USB 2.0 hub for gamepads since they are typically  USB 1.1 devices, the  Pandora's regular sized USB port supports USB 2.0 only to support USB 1.1 devices a HUB will be needed. the smaller USB port is both USB1.1/2.0 but you will need an adapter it's also limited to 100mA. the larger one can handle 500mA which is plenty for multiple controllers. I've powered a Keyboard, mouse and a Gamepad using a USB hub. The Battery life is the only thing that suffer, I keep the charger plugged in when playing with a lot of USB devices.

Thanks Trashy! :)

Any idea about the emulators that are able to use 2 gamepads for 2 players?

You can use 2 usb joypads via hub with PanMAME. You just need to remap them in the menu.

gpfce works fine with TV out, just need to set it to HW Scalar layer.

Back