PanDebian

I'm a big fan of Debian, will have to try this out. Thanks for your work.

i just installed pandebian loopback mode on my 2nd scard fat32. I see the small icon on the upper left corner. The problem is when I open either synaptic manager or software sources nothing happens. I can open the terminal and root terminal but I always get a wrong password message. Any help would be really appreciated. I don't want to reinstall this thing all over again. <_<

Thanks Linux-Swat. I have been able to install chromium browser, libreoffice and some other apps.Another (newbie) issue I have:when I download any file from that browser it goes to a "Downloads" folder.Can someone tell where that folder is?. I can't find it anywhere.

It's probably inside PanDebian, which should be mounted somewhere.

Type:

mount

Inside a Zaxxon terminal.

I knew this would come up and asked previously on how to backup a PanDebian install to restore it. Well, there were no working answers!

So NOW I have just upgraded my SD to a 64GB. I copied over all my PanDebian files needed.

/mnt/pnd/Pandebian...

/mnt/utmp/Pandebian...

/usr/share/applications/desktop files...

I also edited the launcher files and desktop files to to new SD-card name. All these had Pandora32 and are now changed to Pandora64 since the new SD card is now at /media/PANDORA64

NOW the problem. Shortcut on the desktop asks for the password but never successfully starts PanDebian.

I open Terminal and try to run the launcher manually and look for any problems

$ /mnt/pnd/PanDebian-PanDebian-30481/launcher

/media/ram/PanDebian/mount.sh: line 15: exec: chroot: not found

/media/ram/PanDebian/mount.sh: line 15: exec: chroot: not found

I open terminal and su to a root cli.

From root I go

# /mnt/pnd/PanDebian-PanDebian-30481/launcher

THIS DOES start PanDebian and instead of just the computer icon I now get an entire menu-panel but it was on top of my Pandora default menu. I moved it to the top.

Anyone have an idea on how I can get this working from my regula user with doing a complete install from scratch again?

TNX

Last edited by a moderator:
Next time the installer is updated lenny should be removed from the debian versions to choose. Its dead.

hmmm whenever i get to the part where you choose your distro, it says package retrieval failed. are the links broken?

"Failed getting Release" the link works on my pc :(
You need much more than 16MB for a debian chroot (more like 200MB just for the basic stuff). Also, make sure you have a stable internet connection and that for the distro you choose anything but lenny.

"Failed getting Release" the link works on my pc :(
You need much more than 16MB for a debian chroot (more like 200MB just for the basic stuff). Also, make sure you have a stable internet connection and that for the distro you choose anything but lenny.
i tried it on a 4GB but it sill fails getting release. maybe my wifi chip is wonky?
Have you tried other internet applications such as PNDStore/PNDManager or at least the ping command?

The PND manager was never able to update anything. Chrome works, warzone 2100 online multiplayer works

can anyone tell me what's the difference(advantages?)of pandebian over the angstrom?

Back