Panda Frontend

TylerAW

I have an issue with the Panda Frontend emulator pnd. I got it to work, but when I told it to use a custom emulator (instead of the default ones say for SNES or Genesis) it only loads those emulators, but not the game in them, defeating the purpose. Is there anything I can do? All I did was switch from say Pico to another genesis emulator.

No one? Damn
Be patient - you expect every answer to come within 5 hours?   :p And it's not Panda, it's Pandafe.

By the way it's not appropriate to create a thread for every single question you have, why don't you post in the Pandafe thread? If not you will spam the boards very quickly and I don't think the mods like this kind of behavior too much. 

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way it's not appropriate to create a thread for every single question you have, why don't you post in the Pandafe thread? If not you will spam the boards very quickly and I don't think the mods like this kind of behavior too much.
I would like to object to that. I rather like him to open up a single thread for every question about a specific topic he has than that his question is buried in an 20+ pages thread. This helps a lot if you are searching for a specifc problem. Why is a board beeing spamed by that anyway ?
Sorry for the OT

I kinda agree with Ekiango, if it's a valid Pandafe question then it should remain in the Pandafe thread given that it's going to draw the attention of the maintainer who may have notifications turned on.

Pandafe is rather old and unmaintained. Some stuff that you have mentioned may not work as it is not supported by Pandafe.

Please refer to http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/14839-pandafe-030//URL] next time :)

It's probably something that can be solved by reading the README. If the emulator you want to switch to is not already in the list, it could be because that emulator doesn't take a command-line option to load a given rom file, and in that case there's not much that a launcher can do. Or maybe it does, but you need to manually specify the correct parameters.

Something similar also happens when you try to load PSP roms via Pandafe, the problem is less severe though, some roms load fine whereas some don't as opposed to none loading at all.

I would like to object to that. I rather like him to open up a single thread for every question about a specific topic he has than that his question is buried in an 20+ pages thread. This helps a lot if you are searching for a specifc problem. Why is a board beeing spamed by that anyway ?
Because if everyone has a question about Pandafe, you get 100 different threads for different questions, or worse, for questions that have already been asked. There's a search function to search for stuff within a single topic, let's use it.

And if people do that (create new thread everytime), what is "thread" function for then ? The idea is that you keep to the same topic in a thread, and if a Pandafe support thread already exists, your question fits in there. 

Because if everyone has a question about Pandafe, you get 100 different threads for different questions, or worse, for questions that have already been asked. There's a search function to search for stuff within a single topic, let's use it.

And if people do that (create new thread everytime), what is "thread" function for then ? The idea is that you keep to the same topic in a thread, and if a Pandafe support thread already exists, your question fits in there.
Keeping everything that one topic concerns in one thread does not prevent that from happening, on the contrary: in my experience big threads tend to "loose" information, as most people won't read through every page, and even if they do, single posts are often overlooked.
If there are several threads, what is the worst that could happen? The database gets a few more entries, thats it. But if you search for a problem, you will get a lot more hits, that you can conveniently sort to your liking, which gives you a lot more overview.

The function of a thread remains the same. There is no certain definition of how much "information" a thread needs to contain, otherwise I could argue that certain subforums here should be merged to one thread as new entries are rather rare, and you have an "in thread" search function - and why should those who are interested in that topic not simply use that ?

If there are several threads, what is the worst that could happen? The database gets a few more entries, thats it. But if you search for a problem, you will get a lot more hits, that you can conveniently sort to your liking, which gives you a lot more overview.
Ok, I'll take you advice on that and for every question I have from now on I'll create a new thread. I'm sure it will make it easy for the software porters and creators to follow all the issues people have with their applications.

looks like you carefully considered all the angles of the question before answering.

Ok, I'll take you advice on that and for every question I have from now on I'll create a new thread. I'm sure it will make it easy for the software porters and creators to follow all the issues people have with their applications.

looks like you carefully considered all the angles of the question before answering.
*sigh*
Yes please do so, and we will see how it turns out. Give me hint when you stopped sulking.

Back