Panda Batteries...

jdh2550

As soon as I saw the latest blog post of the 4Ah LiPo's I started thinking EVs. A 10P by 20S would give a nice motorcycle battery pack: 74Volts and 40Ah - almost 3kWh.

So, any developer care to share what the source and the price is for these batteries? I'd like 200 please :D

jdh2550 said:
As soon as I saw the latest blog post of the 4Ah LiPo's I started thinking EVs. A 10P by 20S would give a nice motorcycle battery pack: 74Volts and 40Ah - almost 3kWh.

So, any developer care to share what the source and the price is for these batteries? I'd like 200 please :D
How ironic.

It took me less than 10 seconds to find it using your signature!

Last edited by a moderator:
jdh2550 said:

You should check how much current the cells can handle. A starter takes very much juice ;)
Edit:
74V ?!

mali said:
jdh2550 said:

You should check how much current the cells can handle. A starter takes very much juice ;)
Edit:
74V ?!

He's talking about an electric motorcycle. :lol:

jdh2550 said:

How ironic.

Thanks: http://www.pandorawiki.org/FAQ#What_kind_o...will_it_have.3F - it took me at least 1 minute but only 5 seconds to post the answer. Thanks for your help. :confused:

BTW - the replacement price of 15GBP for one 4000mAh cell is expensive. You can get 3 cells (in a 11.1V pack) on ebay for $19 (about $6 or 4GBP per cell). Now, that's for a raw cell rather than a packaged battery. While naw(mcx) was teasing me I was off looking at ebay...

mali said:
:lol:
I didn't even know those exist, will have to google :rolleyes:

mali - a 74V 40Ah pack would give about a 60mph speed and 50 mile range. LiPo batteries are usually rated at 10C - that would be 4000Amps! I only need a max of about 200A. Of course they do tend to burst into flames if you abuse them (which is why most EV bikes prefer LiFePO4)

jdh2550 said:
jdh2550 said:

How ironic.

Thanks: http://www.pandorawiki.org/FAQ#What_kind_o...will_it_have.3F - it took me at least 1 minute but only 5 seconds to post the answer. Thanks for your help. :confused:

BTW - the replacement price of 15GBP for one 4000mAh cell is expensive. You can get 3 cells (in a 11.1V pack) on ebay for $19 (about $6 or 4GBP per cell). Now, that's for a raw cell rather than a packaged battery. While naw(mcx) was teasing me I was off looking at ebay...

mali said:
:lol:
I didn't even know those exist, will have to google :rolleyes:

mali - a 74V 40Ah pack would give about a 60mph speed and 50 mile range. LiPo batteries are usually rated at 10C - that would be 4000Amps! I only need a max of about 200A. Of course they do tend to burst into flames if you abuse them (which is why most EV bikes prefer LiFePO4)

Practice what you preach. I think that's the term.

LiPo batteries are usually rated at 10C - that would be 4000Amps

Shouldn't it be 400A?

mali said:
LiPo batteries are usually rated at 10C - that would be 4000Amps

Shouldn't it be 400A?

Good point. As well as search impaired I'm math impaired too.

Yes, I'll practice more, and do better math, and maybe just shut up entirely ;)

Back