Beta Pan Newsreader

thank you once again, wish i woulda asked earlier if i knew you could port it within seconds. thank you and happy belated birthday. if someone with a pandora and a usenet account could test it out a little, id appreciate it

for a quick convert its very good imported an nzb and it downloaded fine only problem is the speed it downloads at isnt the quickest.

Wow ! Wonderful! The other day I was thinking about having a newsgroups downloader on my Pandora, and here it is! Great work! :)

This newsreader is great. Point it to one of the open nntp servers and it works great.
I have not tried using it for posting, but for reading newsgroups it works fine.

Thanks sebt3!!!

You are doing GREAT work on the Pandora!

i figured i couldnt be the only person around here that uses newsgroups....since im always after the best deal, what are some providers people are using? im currently with lightning usenet, for 10 euro per 100 days, 8 connections, ssl, but only 430 retention for binary, unlimited. does anyone have anything better then this? or is interested in a group account with me somewhere, as long as its unlimited as thats a must for me.

i use usenetserver with the 3 mouth SSL 10 connections with 3 friends (you can connect with two IP at the same time than one with 5 connexion and the other with 5). If you have friends you can divide the price with them ;)

thank sebt3 for this port

what are people using for par2 files? i dont see anywhere that pan auto repairs and extracts the files like some other newsreaders. other than that, works like a charm
edit: how do i enable ssl for usenet on pandora? i remember having the same problem on desktop linux, but dont remember what i did to enable ssl connection

Back