Pamp

bit of google tells me electrical enineering at sao paolo university. not quite the same, but still..
sorry, i was curious :p

On topic, think that stuff would work, but don't go using big databases or sites on it, or be prepared to wait a while after a search or something (disclaimer: only one quarter of database study experience, and not much webserving at all, so could be wrong)

Edit: Apache, mysql and php are all in the angstrom package list, so it seems yes :)

MarkoeZ said:
bit of google tells me electrical enineering at sao paolo university. not quite the same, but still..

On topic, think that stuff would work, but don't go using big databases or sites on it, or be prepared to wait a while after a search or something (disclaimer: only one quarter of database study experience, and not much webserving at all, so could be wrong)

Of course it's going to work? They're all server side scripting languages...

Even if he's planning to run them off the Pandora (which would further prove he's not a CE student), it would work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Butterman said:
MarkoeZ said:

Of course it's going to work? They're all server side scripting languages...

Even if he's planning to run them off the Pandora (which would further prove he's not a CE student), it would work.

I think that's exactly what he's planning to do, that's why i responded that way ;)

Butterman said:

I don't get what you are trying to say here. Could you rephrase? (The only way I can understand what you said insults PHP and him, which I hope you're not doing)

-God Ginrai

Thank you, wonderful posters of FA. I forgot that everyone speaks English perfectly especially on the internet which is accessed by every country in the world. Let's insult the stupid foreigner!!!

God Ginrai said:
Butterman said:

I don't get what you are trying to say here. Could you rephrase? (The only way I can understand what you said insults PHP and him, which I hope you're not doing)

-God Ginrai

My point is, why would you run a php server off the Pandora.

Butterman said:
God Ginrai said:
Butterman said:

-God Ginrai

For development purposes, serving only yourself as developer, having an underpowered machine you can take anywhere isn't a bad thing... Personally I'd prefer to host off of a full laptop - but I've always had trouble typing on small keyboards. There's no reason this wouldn't work off of the Pandora. Comments about how slow it will be, and not doing complex scripts, large images/video/sound, and/or complex DB queries are worth listening to.

Now, if you're planning on showing your cool new website to slashdot while hosting off the Pandora, then you'll definitely have trouble. :-b

wardred said:
Butterman said:
God Ginrai said:
Butterman said:

-God Ginrai

For development purposes, serving only yourself as developer, having an underpowered machine you can take anywhere isn't a bad thing... Personally I'd prefer to host off of a full laptop - but I've always had trouble typing on small keyboards. There's no reason this wouldn't work off of the Pandora. Comments about how slow it will be, and not doing complex scripts, large images/video/sound, and/or complex DB queries are worth listening to.

Now, if you're planning on showing your cool new website to slashdot while hosting off the Pandora, then you'll definitely have trouble. :-b

+1. You pretty much summed up what my response was going to be. Also, I'm very interested in using the client-side PHP for just messing around on my Pandora.

-God Ginrai

I can think of tons of reasons for why you'd want to set up a LAMP system on your Pandora .. in fact its a very viable use case for the machine. LAMP has run quite well on far lesser hardware than the Pandora, that is for sure .. I used to serve up 20,000 individual clients a day on a machine that is 1/8th the power of the Pandora, so there's no reason *not* to do it.

And those of you guys insulting the OP for being a "Computer Engineering" student are just being smart-ass pedantic fools. Of course there are Computer Engineers in the world, and I'm glad some of them want to use the Pandora for interesting things, that is for sure ..

Back