Paint Shop Pro Help

lintsniffer

Duke Nukem 3D = Crazy Delicious!
Website
Visit site
I want to make an image using a large white UN logo with the usual light blue background. I can only find a UN logo of the right resolution with a burgundy background. I have a small UN logo with the right colors. I use the dropper to get the color from the small one, but as soon as I select the big one to paint it on, the color changes to a shitty lavendar color. I'm using .gifs. Is there any way to do this? I'm obviously a PSP noob.

Thanks.

well I looked in some color fixer, and by moving the slider all the way to 'cooler' it gave me the picture I wanted. I pasted the hammer and sickle in :p and upped the contrast on the HaS to make it straight white ( it was a jpg to gif paste so there were some grays) I'll post the image here for your curiosity.

UssNe1.jpg

edit: drop shadows :)

Any (Graphical) advice on how to make this a more polished pic?

Last edited by a moderator:
The original problem was caused by the image being a 256 colour GIF.

PSP picked up the light blue and found the GIF's palate full, so matched it to the nearest colour
Which happened to be lavender.

Increasing the colour depth of the GIF to 16 million colours would have allowed you to use the selected colour.

But twiddling the color-fixer allowed you to fix it :)
Or you could have editted the palette directly
or .... :rolleyes: ;)

Ain't it typical! They always seem to give you three ways of achieving the same result. :unsure:

Back