Page numbers are tiny, easy to mis-click

lulzfish

Pandora Defense Squad
Website
troyanonymous.homelinux.com
I'm not sure how to explain this, but basically:

The page numbers for threads are way too small, and worse,
Clicking outside of the page numbers takes me to the first page of a thread, which I almost certainly have already seen.

It's way too easy to miss the page link and go to the first page.
I suggest that the area outside the page numbers and thread title shoult not link anywhere at all.

lulzfish said:
I suggest that the area outside the page numbers and thread title shoult not link anywhere at all.
I fully agree. The code that's doing this is:
Code:
onclick="window.location.href='./viewtopic.php?f=xx&t=xxx';"

This is especially obnoxious for heavy tab users such as myself, who use Ctrl+click to open a new tab. Because, in the end I am clicking the row itself, and the page isn't going anywhere once the clicking is done, that onclick Javascript is executed, which completely disregards my Ctrl modifier key and opens that thread in the current window.

If EvilDragon could remove that onclick tag altogether, that'd kill two birds with one stone.

At last! Thanks ED! :D
Edit: The forum rows still have onclick code in them. The theme must use separate theme files for different "types". <_<

While I'm on a roll ;) you could adjust the font size globally by modifying the body's font-size styling in the before-mentioned stylesheet.css file after line 25. Something like 70% might be better. The numbers, however, will always remain difficult to click on just because it's a singular character you're aiming for.

Clicking on "View first unread post" icon doesn't work. It doesn't open the first unread post, instead it opens the first post of the thread.

efegea said:
Clicking on "View first unread post" icon doesn't work. It doesn't open the first unread post, instead it opens the first post of the thread.
This does indeed seem not to be the case. My clicks work. Firefox 3.5 beta 4 on Fedora 11.

And please don't use percentage font scalings if the parent container doesn't have a "constant" unit for it's font size; that way the site looks the same on all browsers and we're all happy. Something like 10.5pt, perhaps?

dflemstr said:
This does indeed seem not to be the case. My clicks work. Firefox 3.5 beta 4 on Fedora 11.

Not in Konqueror 4.2.2 on Gentoo x86. But sometimes it works..weird.. :wacko:

efegea said:
dflemstr said:

Not in Konqueror 4.2.2 on Gentoo x86. But sometimes it works..weird.. :wacko:
Works on my machine; Konqueror identifies itself (--version) as: Konqueror: 4.2.2 (KDE 4.2.2)

Also works on Arora 0.6 (Change: 734 6e08e0a)

And, it doesn't really matter, but:
uname -srv: Linux 2.6.29.1-111.fc11.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Apr 24 10:57:09 EDT 2009

Your setup seems to be broken ;)

efegea said:
I've noticed it too... but it seems to happen only in certain threads, not on all of them. :confused:
Firefox 3.0.10 on Vista.

Back