Package not delivered at Dragonbox shop (SOLVED)

mamemaniac

Hi ED, the tracking number of my shipment says my package can't be delivered at your shop. Please check my PM or my mail for all the needed informations.

Regards

Edit: Package delivered (Solved)

Last edited:
Hi ED, the tracking number of my shipment says my package can't be delivered at your shop. Please check my PM or my mail for all the needed informations.

Regards
Sending an email, a PM and posting here is a bit of overkill I guess. Especially when the shop website mentions the best way to get in contact with me fast is by using WA, Telegram, Facebook Messenger or Discord...

Dicord is too slow to use on my old laptop. Facebook thingies don't agree with me. I might be able to use telegram I've not investigated that yet, and I don't know what WA is.
I'm assuming WA means WhatsApp, so Facebook/Meta too.
I also find it quite unreachable if customers have to contact a company by giving their data and agreeing to terms of other companies. Companies should be reachable through their own websites (like this forum), or open means, meaning interoperable between providers, like phone (maybe just an answering machine or an asterik set up as complex as pleased), email (maybe a different address for customers that's asked not to be made public) or (even if I don't use them or really know them) Mastodon, Matrix or other federated systems.
Now that said, a public message in a forum is also a bad way to get in touch, @EvilDragon can't possibly cope with what's being said here, and restricting the forums to business subjects would be counterproductive. Mayeb just add a @DragonBox account for strictly commercial PMs, and check it regularly.

Sending an email, a PM and posting here is a bit of overkill I guess. Especially when the shop website mentions the best way to get in contact with me fast is by using WA, Telegram, Facebook Messenger or Discord...

Sorry ED but i don't use socials anymore because i don't trust them.

About my package delivery issue: i send to you a new mail, please let me know when you have some news.

Regards

Reactions: rSl
well, but even one email or at least one thread of an email would've been enough... but you sent around 6 or 7 altogether?

I'm assuming WA means WhatsApp, so Facebook/Meta too.
I also find it quite unreachable if customers have to contact a company by giving their data and agreeing to terms of other companies. Companies should be reachable through their own websites (like this forum), or open means, meaning interoperable between providers, like phone (maybe just an answering machine or an asterik set up as complex as pleased), email (maybe a different address for customers that's asked not to be made public) or (even if I don't use them or really know them) Mastodon, Matrix or other federated systems.
Now that said, a public message in a forum is also a bad way to get in touch, @EvilDragon can't possibly cope with what's being said here, and restricting the forums to business subjects would be counterproductive. Mayeb just add a @DragonBox account for strictly commercial PMs, and check it regularly.
I'll agree with pyrat - I Do Not Want to be forced to provide my details to a third-party company, especially one headquartered outside the European GDPR area. My ISP necessarily knows who I am. I pay for my email - the provider is in the same country as I am, and does not scan the content of emails unless I specifically opt in for malware scanning.

That said, I have a great deal of sympathy for EvilDragon here. Running infrastructure purely for customer interaction is an overhead, and 'free' messaging services that minimise spam and malware, and do not require a lot of administration are a very welcome, as ED has only 24 hours a day, like everyone else. So the question is, what services (1)exist that (2)minimise the admin (and price) overhead for ED, while (3) not compromising privacy for those who think it important and, very importantly, (4) are easily available to most people. I suspect this is an any-three-from-four problem. That is, any that are 2,3 & 4 are not 1, and any that are 1 and 3 are either expensive or unknown to the majority of people/not available in app stores. I don't want ED spending an hour a day going through spam, and a couple of hours a week on server administration - he has far more valuable things to do - both for us and for him. Running a small business is NOT easy. And, frankly, people who use Facebook* expect businesses to use it too - so if ED is to be accessible to the widest possible customer base, he needs a Facebook* presence -unfortunately. Also, if he is supporting Facebook, he has even less time to support other choices.

I wish things were different, and there was a privacy-respecting messaging/forum service that was minimal effort and price for ED to use, and popular among the general public. As far as I know, it doesn't exist.

*The same is true for Twitter

Back