Oxo - Noughts And Crosses

BenScar

What does this do again?
Website
Visit site
After reading though the first 7 lessons of the "Lazy Foo' Productions" SDL/Beginning Game Programming (here) I decided I wanted to see what I could do.
This is the result.

main.png

My first attempt at a game, on the GP2x or any other platform!
(the interface design might need a LITTLE work)

Available here:
oxo - file archive
or
oxo - my website (don't laugh :) )
[CUT]
Source code is included (might take a while, had to update the one on the file archive), it's fully commented (well pretty much) so have a look.
I have a windows version as well, should anyone want it.

Built using the version of Dev-C++ that was included with the SDK, which was actually quite good to use after only having used Microsoft IDEs.

Anyway, now you can enjoy Noughts and Crosses on the move! :)[/CUT]

Quiest posted on Jul 16 2006 at 05:35 PM said:
Could you maybe redirect me to that tutorial?

http://lazyfooproductions.com/SDL_tutorials/index.php

This is a really comprehensive and big SDL tutorial. It should be platform independent on both the creation and the target, but some things will obviously be different on the GP2X version (I.E, screen size, inputs, compiler setup, etc.).

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome, you found a great tutorial. Now I can finally get started on that GP2X project I've been wanting to do (as soon as I finish this C project, curse you, summer classes!).

Those were the same tutorials I used (however, the "official SDK" wasn't out when I did, so I had to setup my dev environment the hard way). I hope to see you make more games in the future.

That sounds like the kind of game I was going to try working on. I've never heard of Scorched Earth before but I love Death Tank (game that you could access in the Dreamcast version of Duke if you shot all the toilets). I still will of course, just for me though cause it'll be rubbish. :)

theeAdversary posted on Jul 17 2006 at 09:56 PM said:
I've never heard of Scorched Earth before but I love Death Tank (game that you could access in the Dreamcast version of Duke if you shot all the toilets).

Saturn, man, not Dreamcast ;-)

Scorched Earth is similar to Death Tank only it's turn-based.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back