Overclocking questions

if it dies in those 30sec then you just lost your pandora and if it breaks later you will have to pay for the repairs since it is no longer under warranty.
Is the fact that you've oc it apparent and traceable? HB, by the way.
I remember reading that it is possible to get the last OPP and mhz settings out of it (as well as several other things that we probably don't care about) after it is dead, but take that with a grain of salt; I've already been proven wrong today about something else I swore I'd read.

if it dies in those 30sec then you just lost your pandora and if it breaks later you will have to pay for the repairs since it is no longer under warranty.
I remember reading that it is possible to get the last OPP and mhz settings out of it (as well as several other things that we probably don't care about) after it is dead, but take that with a grain of salt; I've already been proven wrong today about something else I swore I'd read.

I think you're just making it up as you go. :p

Most modern cars contain a black box that can give similar retrievable results in the event of an accident, or so I once read unconfirmed.

Coupled with Project Laser, to install Automatic Number Plate Recognition software into every CCTV camera in the UK, linked into the Dept of "another one that should be minding their own fricking business", you have yourself a catch all situation, designed to generate revenue from frivolent traffic offenses and not to catch true criminals. Like those who ride pedal bikes to Westminster, to help the fight against globally warmed bullshit, with their armored limo following behind, just in case. Who are naturally exempt for example*. There's faith in policy in action, if ever you could see it more starkly.

Take this rude boy http://news.bbc.co.u...ter/5320092.stm who thought he could Thermite an innocent speed cam (that turned out to be a video camera illegally surveilling the street to HDD). Well sonny, its just as bad as you Mr Pandora abuser, expecting OPT to pick up the tab after you OC the be'sun god out of your unit. However, did you enjoy getting N64 running way beyond expected for this handheld? Good.

*Off camera and in the event of a Cameron being returned to you, claiming its chain has fallen off the wheel of thought and fortune, give it a good smacking (like at school by Matron Thatcher) behind closed doors and then publicise its enjoyment of the process, to the Sun or other tabloid before actually hanging it out to dry. Rinse repeat with all politicians caught red handed, or just anyway, b'cos it would be fun to see gallows away, here, there and everywhere a cat might walk on a hot tin roof.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, I knew you were right this time around.

CC can tell if a CPU died from being over volted.
Thank you, WizStan was right.

This maybe a stupid question but where can I change the OPP level?? , I can't seem to find it ,I must be blind :p

In XFCE, go to menu>Settings>CPU-Settings and then select 'Set the max allowed OPP level'

You can't actually change the level per se, just set the maximum which the CPU will auto-select if it needs the extra power.

EDIT: I believe you can also do it through the terminal with something like:

Code:
echo 5 | sudo tee -a /proc/pandora/cpu_opp_max

Okay i found it , but i also found an option to put the max speed to 1300 mhz , is that wise? , or will that brick my pandy?

Okay i found it , but i also found an option to put the max speed to 1300 mhz , is that wise? , or will that brick my pandy?
Best case: you'll get glorious speed at the risk of greatly reduced life (greatly reduced meaning something like 5 years of 24 hour non-stop usage, so not really all that reduced).

Most likely case: it locks up and you need to perform a hard reset, and know that you can't clock that high in the future.

Worst case: the sudden crash causes a corruption in the firmware and you need to reflash.

Actual worst case: the minor EMP caused by your sudden need for speed is just enough to trip a nearby circuit breaker bringing down power to your neighbourhood forcing a failover in the electrical system which then overloads the secondary system which brings both it and the primary down until eventually the entire country is in full scale blackout. Someone in a control room somewhere, unaccustomed to the emergency lighting, trips and hits a big red button labeled "war on everybody" which launches nukes at every major city in the world. When armageddon hits, it'll be your fault.

Mysticmaus - Pandora is unbrickable, by the way.

not in that sense... its only unbrickable in that its always possible to restore the default firmware if the firmware gets corrupted. In the (admittedly unlikely) event that you fry your CPU OTOH it would definitely qualify as bricked.

- Neelix

Back