Overclocking moviepark?

Dozer

Efram the retarded rabbit
Website
lawrencewithaw.tumblr.com
I had a crack at hexing moviepark to overclock but didnt manage to do it. As lots of people say its actually better because you can use so many more codecs but it cant handle as higher framerate or bitrate because of the clock limit. Anyone else fancy givin it a go to see results? Or would the video play faster with the higher clock speed, not just allow the player to manage higher bitrates?

yea, overclocking moviepark would be sweet, i asked this sometimes before but noone had a real idea... hopefulls now :D

I managed to get MoviePark to play a video which was recorded at 25fps, but unfortunately the sound was out of sync - of course what I don't know is whether the video was actually playing at 25fps (does anyone know how to check it ?).
As far as the codecs go, yes MoviePark was far more flexible eg it can handle virtually any build of XVID,and many others besides. Just look at the number of posts from people with problems encoding for GPCinema. I just wish they had developed MoviePark further, rather than replace it with GPCinema.

reeced posted on Dec 17 2003 at 03:54 PM said:
I managed to get MoviePark to play a video which was recorded at 25fps, but unfortunately the sound was out of sync - of course what I don't know is whether the video was actually playing at 25fps (does anyone know how to check it ?).
As far as the codecs go, yes MoviePark was far more flexible eg it can handle virtually any build of XVID,and many others besides. Just look at the number of posts from people with problems encoding for GPCinema. I just wish they had developed MoviePark further, rather than replace it with GPCinema.
Funny, I had nothing but problems with MoviePark. GPCinema has been much more forgiving with accepting videos that I have encoded. With MoviePark I would take all that time to encode a video only to have it work about 50% of the time. With GPCinema I've had no problems at all...

Last edited by a moderator:
just buy gpcinema, if you have moviepark allready its really cheap... and that player offers overclocking and other good features....

hmmm i always try to use movie park when i can mainly because it runs at a low clock speed if i remember correctly? seems 2 last for ages when i do use it

Sonic-NKT posted on Dec 17 2003 at 04:33 PM said:
just buy gpcinema, if you have moviepark allready its really cheap... and that player offers overclocking and other good features....
Yeah i have gpcinema, and moviepark. just wondered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back