Overclocking Experiment (again)

How do you over clock without modding? I'm not sure how to tell how fast mine is running.
I can play GBC rom with sound and no frame skip at full speed (most, but not all), but SNES isnt anywhere near playable.
You don't actually overclock the GP32 manually. You just download an emulator which runs at an overclocked state or you can change the clock setting in some of the emulators like gpengine. If you download snes9xgp 156mhz, when you run it, it runs at 156 mhz, but when you exit snes9xgp, the GP32 goes back to the normal clock settings. I hope this all made sense, if you have anymore questions please post them

Last edited by a moderator:
OK... so I can run GP engine @ 150mhz... but 166mhz crashes.... sames with GP Cinema.... dose this mean 150mhz is my max?

OK... so I can run GP engine @ 150mhz... but 166mhz crashes.... sames with GP Cinema.... dose this mean 150mhz is my max?
You could try using the overclocked versions of the megadrive and snes emulators and see how you go with them.

But its quite possible that 150mhz or 156mhz maybe your limit.

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
i've got 2 smds. Ive followed the instruction on cobbleware.com and went out to buy a 56k and a 100k smd.
The guy at the et shop gave me two smds with 100E (the E was turned ) and 560Z printed on them. I recognized it at home. And i dont know , i fthese are correct ones. Maybe someone knows something about it. THX 4 HELP!

Nice to see your CPU didnt fry i really need to find my electronics equipment, i got alot remebering to do.

But seriously you must have the patience of a surgeon those surface mounted resistors are hell.

Do you have a BLU because i was wondering if you have checked the voltage going to the cpu, as the voltmeter i used to use belongs to a friend i no longer talk to.

Thanks

EDIT: Spelling

Back