Overclocked Snes9xGP questions. . . .

-Ace-

Still Fresh
Finally got around to testing these last night. I tested the oficial version first, then the 156 and 166 overclocked versions. The officila version worked nicely. What I don't understand is the overclocked versions didn't have the same menu screen or rom selection screen, or even pressing start + select didn't bring up a menu screen like the official version does. What I get is a small color bar running horizontal across my screen. Through this bar shows the roms I can select. I can select a game and play it, and it does seem faster than the official version, but like I said, the button config is messed up, I can't access the menu system by pressing start+select, etc. I was under the impression that the overclocked versions would beEXACTLY the same as the official version, just w/ a speed up. Can anyone shed any light on this? Do I have messed up overclocked files?

You have the overclocked versions of SnesEmu not SNES9xGP. Go to my site to get the correct versions

The over clocked versions of the snes emulators are the same exact emulator but with a clock speed change. You where using the normal version of snes9xgp and then you used the over clocked versions of snesemu. Those are two compleatly diffrent emulators one of which happens to be over clocked. Snesemu and snes9xgp are not the eame emulator so they don't have the same options.

Thanks for the help. I realized this after I rechecked my files. One more question- I now have 3 versions of the snes9x loaded(original, 156, 166 versions). I have my roms and the fxe's in the same directory- in GPMM. The original version works great, but when I run the overclocked versions, I get the snes directory like normal, but when I select a rom to run, the screen type at the top looks like it should, then I get a message saying something like "unable to load rom". I then have to restart the GP32. I even tried making a "SNES" directory in GPMM, but this didn't do anything. Now, why does the original work perfect, but the overclocked versions give me this error?

the overclocked versions have also been hacked to load ROMs from the GP:\SNES directory to avoid cluttering GPMM. you need to put your roms there in GP:\SNES. Use COMI or something.

Back