Overclcok Wiz To 800 Mhz

sloxone

Still Fresh
Hi,all
I have the last version of mame4all.On the menu there is an option to overclock to 800Mhz,when i choose it,Emulation freeze.700 Mhz work
i have the last firmware 1.2.1
I see on youtube,that overclock to 800 Mhz is possible.

Thanks,and sorry for my poor english ^^

Sloxone said:
Hi,all
I have the last version of mame4all.On the menu there is an option to overclock to 800Mhz,when i choose it,Emulation freeze.700 Mhz work
i have the last firmware 1.2.1
I see on youtube,that overclock to 800 Mhz is possible.

Thanks,and sorry for my poor english ^^

For my Wiz 1.2.1 is overclock possible without problems only with few applications
DrPockertSnes
GpSP
MAME4all maby game's CPU code doesn't support overclock
MAME4all Blood Bros. runs @ 800 MHz perfectly
...but Games like Quake or Quake 2 freeze as you described

Last edited by a moderator:
it depends on your Wiz's chip - not every Wiz runs stable on 800Mhz, so you're one runs fine with 700, and that seems to be your limit.

Mr.TwisT said:
Wait, did they use different chips for the production of the wiz?

i'm not an expert - but no i dont think they did. it's just a matter of the production i think, some just turn out to be have a better tolerance against overclocking.

Hi,thanks..

All emu freeze at 800 Mhz..But 750 Mhz work fine... :) Good for me,if i look Dingoo a320...

Wait, as far as I noticed, it depends on the software you are overclocking. For example, if I try to overclock quake more that 700 MHz or so - it crashes. However, I can overclock mame4all to 830 with no issues. Descent is unstable at 800MHz. So it depends on the software. Chips with different tolerance against overclocking sounds bogus to me to be honest - that means the chips are of low quality and are subject to fail.

Mr.TwisT said:
Wait, as far as I noticed, it depends on the software you are overclocking. For example, if I try to overclock quake more that 700 MHz or so - it crashes. However, I can overclock mame4all to 830 with no issues. Descent is unstable at 800MHz. So it depends on the software. Chips with different tolerance against overclocking sounds bogus to me to be honest - that means the chips are of low quality and are subject to fail.

why do you think they ship it with 533mhz default clock then? if the manufacturer could guarantee that all chips work stable with a higher clockrate, they could ship them clocked faster. chips with less tolerance doesnt mean they'll fail at their default clockrate - that's what they were built for. and of course it depends on the software you are using how far you can overclock, because every software uses the chip in a different way, one software is less demanding thus higher overclocking is possible and other software is very demanding letting it overclock less.

I can do 800mhz with mine as well but cant really notice the difference sometimes? After you overclock, do you need to reset the emu?

Is there a program that allows you to overclock as soon as you turn it on or do all the emulators have overclocking abilities?

Hi,
I think i forgot this.On Menu ->Settings ->Information i have this:

Version 1.2.1
Firmware Linux 2.6.24 Revision: 327
Model Gp2X-Wiz

S/N 2010.06.07 - GP2XV104 - 00000012

I think this is a new model of Wiz.And fast Overclock is 700 -750 Mhz..

Mr.TwisT said:

I assume you know very little about overclocking then? All chips are like that, from Intel's to the chips' in the WiZ.

For example my old processor would run to 3.7ghz, where as my friend's processor of the same type would only reach 3.2ghz.

(naw)mcx said:
Mr.TwisT said:

I assume you know very little about overclocking then? All chips are like that, from Intel's to the chips' in the WiZ.

For example my old processor would run to 3.7ghz, where as my friend's processor of the same type would only reach 3.2ghz.
(naw)mcx is right. Every chip is different. For example you (Mr.Twist) say you can't run Quake at more than 700 or so it crashes....well I can run Quake 1 and 2 at 766mhz. Everything I run I can run at 766Mhz but if I clock to 800Mhz my Wiz freezes.

Back