Other Lucas Arts Games?

edb

Still Fresh
Hi All,

Just wondering if there were any of the other Lucas Arts games like Tie Fighter or others like that have been done?

Yeah, I don't think any of those will be made for the Caanoo.

They either have to be open source (which I doubt any Lucas Arts games are) and then ported or they have to run in some kind of emulator like DOSBox or ScummVM. Since DOSBox has yet to be made for the Caanoo and the Caanoo would probably only manage to play games from the very early 90s, I wouldn't expect to be playing any of those games. Also, simulators would be nearly impossible to play on a handheld without a keyboard.

Once the SNES and NES emulation is improved though you'll be able play a whole bunch of great Star Wars and Indiana Jones games. I'm not sure how well the current emulators would run the 3D portions of the SNES titles though.

oh well :(

I think a flight sim could possibly get pulled off with number of buttons the unit has combined with the g sensor. The bumber buttons could be held down to assign different functions to the 4 buttons thus giving you up to 12 button mappings (16 if you hold down both bumpers).

Back