OS Switching

It would just have that wow factor and I agree it would be awesome.. I would definitely like to see this oneday on Pandora, or at least like the GUI Switcher to have the option to choose into Android, Angstrom, Arch, LXDE, Gentoo, Debian, etc even if it has to shut the others down in the process and requires a multi partitioned SD card to do it. I better get coding beyond print 'Hellolo world' :)

Wasnt this project where the Android (ubuntu, chromeOS) bounty came from initially?

There is impressive and then there is that. How are they doing that the video explains nothing. I would do it by using suspend or cybernate functions.

[Edit]: I would LOVE a Pandora with a cybernate function!

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it's some sort of chroot similar to the easydebian on maemo?

However I don't understand why they call Chromium an OS (or they mean ChromeOS?)

That is absolutely astonishing!

I'm going to show some of my lack of Openpandora history, but I thought for all intentions, the Pandora essentially IS a beagleboard with additional hardware. I have not yet tried to flash to a beagleboard image or anything, but it there any reason we could not do so? I would love to try something like this. Virtualization on the Pandora sounds like a lot of fun.

The only thing I didn't like is that "user button" on the board itself. If that could be put on a hotkey, or in the GUI somehow, that would make more sense (for the pandora anyway)

I'm going to show some of my lack of Openpandora history, but I thought for all intentions, the Pandora essentially IS a beagleboard with additional hardware.
Yes but no but kinda yes but really no.

The Pandora is a BeagleBoard in much the same way that a Dell and an HP are the same laptops: stuff that runs on one should run on the other, but you shouldn't expect to just swap the hard drives and have them to work without some tweaking.

I'm going to show some of my lack of Openpandora history, but I thought for all intentions, the Pandora essentially IS a beagleboard with additional hardware.
Yes but no but kinda yes but really no.

The Pandora is a BeagleBoard in much the same way that a Dell and an HP are the same laptops: stuff that runs on one should run on the other, but you shouldn't expect to just swap the hard drives and have them to work without some tweaking.

Good analogy!

Even if we don't get to the point of multi OS's, I am still hopefull somebody will be able to get a really nice stable OS running on the Pandora, just for the fun of having the boot options. I've been following Stuckie's adventures on the GP32X forum with Debian for a while as well, and that looks extremely promising. http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/57097-debian-on-an-sd-card/

Back