[Videotutorial] Resoldering loose shoulderbutton

mcobit

Advanced Member
Today i found that my shoulderbutton didn't click anymore and didn't register, so I opened up the Pandora and saw, that the solderconnection to the board was broken.

I made a little video on how to fix it.

Hope this might help others:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/_Lj8mDvFFqU?feature=oembed

Disclaimer: I am not responsible, if you destroy your Pandora in the process or anything. It worked for me though ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool.

Which temperature/watts do you use ?

EDIT: less than 300°C

Its about 280 degrees celsius. The old soldering station I have at work doesn't have a digital display to show the exact temperature.

Edit: A bit higher might do too and maybe you won't even need flux then, but I didn't want to risk damaging anything on a multilayerboard or desoldering some nearby smd resistors by accident or something.

Edit: A bit higher might do too and maybe you won't even need flux then, but I didn't want to risk damaging anything on a multilayerboard or desoldering some nearby smd resistors by accident or something.
I sliced some of those bastards off myself with an Exacto knife removing a nub. It was my own unit, so no harm no foul. ED did magic on it, and it's like my board is a zombie Fox Moulder risen after 3 months days.

Just to report back I did this tonight and it worked a treat. I can finally quit mame4all without resetting the pandora now. :D

I fixed mine couple weeks ago too using similar method.  I also replaced the right faulty nub which is a little more involved.  

Back