Ordered From Lik-sang But Now Must Pay Import ?

mhathera;ll

Still Fresh
Hello there, I have ordered my gamepark from www.lik-sang.com
by using UPS, anyway, today I have called them to ask when it may arrive, and was told Monday, also was told that I may have to pay an Import and VAT price ?
Has anybody else been through this ? And if so how much did you have to pay ? (Order is coming to South Wales UK)

Thanks

Mike

nw England=£50

It had an gp32asr,Dreamcast tissue holder,Mario Kart Rc and somet else i cant remember.Ask them to lower the invoice if they havent allready sent it,I think theyll drop the Customs price.

This one of the reason i NEVER used UPS and similar services. Every courier company has it own custom clearing agency and ALL (100%) packages go to the custom and you have always pay your tax. And now you pay about 60$ for UPS service but it goes to custom agency, you need to pay tax etc and those 1-3 days for delivery are sudenly changing into 10-15. Taking normal airmail is much more cheaper and you have aout 50 and even more chance it will pass custom clearance without any problem. You can also ask to put invoice into box or to send it in separate letter. Some sities have also option Send as a Gift (like. e.g amazon). Such marked packages NEVER go to custom agency :) And most of shops agree to do such a thing.

If you order outside EU you always have to count to pay import tax. I had to pay around 30 EUR for my GP32(nonflu) with an 128mb SMC card additionally. The best way is to order by air-mail... it might take a bit longer, but there is a reason given that you don't have to pay any tax at all.

Well I ordered my GP32 from Lik Sang on the 24th February using Global Priority and Im still waiting for it! I know it can take upto 14 days but stuff normally ordered from Lik Sang is usually really quick.

Anyway if it finally turns up do you know how much I will have to pay for import fees?

i got my gp32 from lik sang last year and just paid "mehrwertsteuer" ...
no import taxes ...
"mehrwertsteuer" was about 16 %

all together it was cheaper to get it from an eu country

When I got mine from Liksang it was sent general mail, received it in a week and on the customs stamp on the front it said contents was valued at $37 dollars and I was not charged any import duty or tax.

bingo83 posted on Mar 6 2004 at 01:40 PM said:
When I got mine from Liksang it was sent general mail, received it in a week and on the customs stamp on the front it said contents was valued at $37 dollars and I was not charged any import duty or tax.
Yeah, this exactly what i mean. Dont use any couriers - just global priority or airmaill. At the end it take the same amount of time and would be cheaper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back