Opensnes Compatibility List

argon0

http://www.thaworx.co.uk/genemu/index.php?emu=4

<erm> I've got a load of Roms that I'm trying out on OpenSnes - it seems that 90%+ are working... I'm putting my results up on the above site... My biggest problem is that I don't know/can't remember controls for most of them..

Any idea where you can find instructions for SNES games?

Also a quick suggestion for OpenSnes v. 0.3 - how about setting x and y to be A/B with select and select be maybe select+start (options could then be sleect and left or right shoulder button)...

"Secret of Mana" does indeed load but the Snes9x is surely the isse why most of the games aren't working. One reason: it's the worse SNES emu compared to ZSNES.

If someone would have used the source code from that Windows Emulator, every game would work with all layers, less CPU usage and no screen errors like "Secret of Mana" (the screen is shoufled, you can't read a think after you pressed start and after you entered a name the screen remains black and crashes the GP32) or "Flashback" (both GP32 SNES emulators tend to play but after a while the scren flashes and is wildly moved on the screen - makes it unplayable). "Super Probotector (Contra 4 - Alien Wars)" runs too, but graphic layers are missing (like the fire in the middle of stage 1, or the smart bomb flash).

Like I said... someone should recode ZSNES for GP32 and most of the problems running games are gone. Even speed problems. (Source Codes can be found here)

cheers

Perhaps there aren't, but it is a sad fact that the SNES9x was simply the wrong choice IMO. Besides... someone said in another board section "if we have a source code a port is just a matter of hours". But I'm not a programmer/coder so I can't say anything to it. Sorry. :(

Please go on and try it. Resemble ZSNES with SNES9x and the mentioned games (Probotector, Secret of Mana, Flashback, Chrono Trigger). You surely see the difference.

But back to on-topic. :unsure:

Compyfox posted on Feb 21 2004 at 03:49 AM said:
Perhaps there aren't, but it is a sad fact that the SNES9x was simply the wrong choice IMO. Besides... someone said in another board section "if we have a source code a port is just a matter of hours". But I'm not a programmer/coder so I can't say anything to it. Sorry. :(

Please go on and try it. Resemble ZSNES with SNES9x and the mentioned games (Probotector, Secret of Mana, Flashback, Chrono Trigger). You surely see the difference.

if zsnes had been used instead of snes9x, then we wouldnt have the emu that we have now, the coders would have still been slaving over it trying to port it. snes9x is a bit slower, but the fact that its so much easier to port means that the coders can spend more time implementing speed ups. just wait till the new core has been implemented, that should provide a major speed boost :D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Compyfox posted on Feb 21 2004 at 04:49 AM said:

Idiocy,
ZSNES was written in x86 assembler, meaning it _cannot_ be ported to a system using an ARM processor. It would have to be completely rewritten from scratch. How long did ZSNES take make from scratch to what it is now by a dedicated team? 7 years? You demand without knowledge, which are the worst kind of demands.

Last edited by a moderator:
The best controls (they work for practically every game, except I believe mariokart, in which I believe I had GP32 L=SNES B, GP32 R=SNES R, GP32 A=SNES A, GP32 B SNES Y, or something like that):
GP32 A........SNES Y
GP32 B........SNES B
GP32 L........SNES X
GP32 R........SNES R
GP32 Start...SNES Start
GP32 Select..(press select to switch to control setting 2 where GP32 Start=SNES select and GP32 L & R = SNES L & R)

Back