OpenPandora not charging?

tnkflx

Still Fresh
Hello,

It seems my OpenPandora stopped charging... When I plug it in, there's no light coming on. Additionally, unplugging the battery and trying to boot from only AC does not work. I currenty do not have a suitable cable to try USB charging.

What can I try to troubleshoot this? Thank you!

Hello,

It seems my OpenPandora stopped charging... When I plug it in, there's no light coming on. Additionally, unplugging the battery and trying to boot from only AC does not work. I currenty do not have a suitable cable to try USB charging.

What can I try to troubleshoot this? Thank you!

Powering on AC only is not a documented feature, it seems to work on many units but it wasn't intended to work that way.

So If the battery is drained that far you won't get any lights until the battery is charged enough to power on. As the LEDs are controlled by software. Typically leaving it on the AC for 15 to 30 minutes will allow the Pandora battery to trickle charge enough to power on and boot up. If it's still not booting up after that long check if your battery is getting good contact with the connector.

Also check if your charger is working properly, some of the early chargers that came with the first batch units seemed to be fairly cheap.

Last edited:
What OS version are you on? There were a number of fixes over the years to that stuff.

Also, try _wb_'s excellent System Info app, although that's only really a swish gui for the data the system outputs, which is already accessible. Try 'cat /sys/class/power_supply/bq******/current_now' (I think it's called that - I forget the exact name of the bq**** business, but it's the only entry in that folder that begins bq, so should be findable) in a terminal, both before plugging in a charger, and when you have. It should give you two numbers and as long as they're notably different, then something's working. On my my system, iirc, they change from negative to positive once I plug in the charger (or possibly the other way around).

The cable of my charger is breaking, only if I have a certain noose, it works, maybe that is happening to yours too? Use a multi-tester to see if electricity is coming through!

Back