Openjazz

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
I need someone to test this on gph firmware, it works on my open2x, but seems my gp2x linux builds dont work in gph fw: pickle.gp2x.de/openjazz-gp2x.zip

(posting here in case some dont look at the wiz section)

Hi Pickle !
Just tested with my F200 (firm 4.1.1 GPH) and ALL work great..tested with shareware version of the game.
At first on menu i didn't find how to go to play but after i discovered (the L & R button ;) ).
Pressing Select show resolution & FPS (60 on mine).

Let me know if you have something in particular..

Farox said:
Hi Pickle !
Just tested with my F200 (firm 4.1.1 GPH) and ALL work great..tested with shareware version of the game.
At first on menu i didn't find how to go to play but after i discovered (the L & R button ;) ).
Pressing Select show resolution & FPS (60 on mine).

Let me know if you have something in particular..

Thanks, this version will be going up into the archive then

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
I need someone to test this on gph firmware, it works on my open2x, but seems my gp2x linux builds dont work in gph fw: pickle.gp2x.de/openjazz-gp2x.zip

Sorry, How do you run this software (does it support Wiz too?), just curious, do you have the full version of Jazz Jackrabbit 1 available for download?
I am willing to beta test it. Does OpenJazz support Jazz Jackrabbit part 2? Many thanks for any help.. :)

Coolbros2X said:
Pickle said:

Sorry, How do you run this software (does it support Wiz too?), just curious, do you have the full version of Jazz Jackrabbit 1 available for download?
I am willing to beta test it. Does OpenJazz support Jazz Jackrabbit part 2? Many thanks for any help.. :)

There are versions for gp32, gp2x, and the wiz. For wiz and gp2x look in the archives. Pandora has a version too ;-)
This only works for jazz 1, if you dont have data files the shareware data will work.
Check the site and the readme for details.

Thanks for your help Pickle, I founded the shareware version of Jazz 1 and downloaded it.. your work is really amazing!! Jazz is my favourite DOS game too :)

I tested it on my Gp2x F-300 with v1.1 firmware (yes thats right Vocamaster F-300 I bet it has almost Wiz compatibility except it doesn't support Flash or Picodrive in that firmware version):

OpenJazzWiz works (just tested now, I am not kidding :), Important: for users with Vocamaster F-300 only Use only Wiz version the other "gp2x" version won't work) To start the game I simply Press Upper Right Button to play the game, and it works like a dream with sound. Yay!! :)

Note: I noticed the blast sprites sometimes seem to disappear.. oh well.. not really a big problem :p

Coolbros2X said:
Thanks for your help Pickle, I founded the shareware version of Jazz 1 and downloaded it.. your work is really amazing!! Jazz is my favourite DOS game too :)

I tested it on my Gp2x F-300 with v1.1 firmware (yes thats right Vocamaster F-300 I bet it has almost Wiz compatibility except it doesn't support Flash or Picodrive in that firmware version):

OpenJazzWiz works (just tested now, I am not kidding :) , Important: for users with Vocamaster F-300 only Use only Wiz version the other "gp2x" version won't work) To start the game I simply Press Upper Right Button to play the game, and it works like a dream with sound. Yay!! :)

Note: I noticed the blast sprites sometimes seem to disappear.. oh well.. not really a big problem :p

Your welcome, although most of the credit goes to alister the original author of the engine.

Pickle said:
Coolbros2X said:

OpenJazzWiz works (just tested now, I am not kidding :) , Important for users with Vocamaster F-300 only: Use only Wiz version the other "gp2x" version won't work, that one is for F-100, F-200 only) To start the game I simply Press Upper Right Button to play the game, and it works like a dream with sound. Yay!! :)

Your welcome, although most of the credit goes to alister the original author of the engine.

Thanks again, also I like Commander Keen games :) Oh I see. Credits to both you and alister. ;)

Coolbros2X said:
Pickle said:
Coolbros2X said:

OpenJazzWiz works (just tested now, I am not kidding :) , Important for users with Vocamaster F-300 only: Use only Wiz version the other "gp2x" version won't work, that one is for F-100, F-200 only) To start the game I simply Press Upper Right Button to play the game, and it works like a dream with sound. Yay!! :)

Thanks again, also I like Commander Keen games :) Oh I see. Credits to both you and alister. ;)

Then your aware i just released a engine for commander keen?

Yes, just download it., However, it doesn't work with my F-200 (any fixes? :)) I think that works with the Vocamster F-300 too :)

Coolbros2X said:
Yes, just download it., However, it doesn't work with my F-200 (any fixes? :) ) I think that works with the Vocamster F-300 too :)

I need better details in order to help.
Which app? (make sure your using the gp2x version for the F200, the Vocamster shares nothing with the F200 other than the case, the Vocamster should actually use the wiz version)
What firmware?

Hi,
Thanks for your help Pickle
well my Vocamaster F-300 firmware is 1.1 (January 2009)
I tested the OpenJazzWiz and it works to my surprise, it doesn't rely on the OLED LCD screen Yay!!
Many Thanks :)

Coolbros2X said:
Hi,
I tested the OpenJazzWiz and it works to my surprise, it doesn't rely on the OLED LCD screen Yay!!

good, glad to hear you got things straighted out. The lcd type has no effect on the application you can run.
is the vocamaster nice? i think i would have rather had one of those than the wiz, too bad anyone outside of the SK area will never see one.

Pickle said:
Coolbros2X said:
Hi,

good, glad to hear you got things straighted out. The lcd type has no effect on the application you can run.
is the vocamaster nice? i think i would have rather had one of those than the wiz, too bad anyone outside of the SK area will never see one.

Hi Pickle,
Sorry for the late reply.
Yes the Vocamaster F-300 is very nice. If you like to learn Korean.. it is rumoured to have some Wiz hardware inside.. It uses the same LCD from GP2X F-200 MK2, it supports MP3,clock function/OpenJazz/Commander and some games and emu and runs on a unique built GPH Lithium battery. Do you want one? :)

Coolbros2X said:
Pickle said:
Coolbros2X said:
Hi,

Hi Pickle,
Sorry for the late reply.
Yes the Vocamaster F-300 is very nice. If you like to learn Korean.. it is rumoured to have some Wiz hardware inside.. It uses the same LCD from GP2X F-200 MK2, it supports MP3,clock function/OpenJazz/Commander and some games and emu and runs on a unique built GPH Lithium battery. Do you want one? :)

Im pretty sure it was known it used the pollux, the only difference was the screen. Im sending you a PM

Back