OPENGLES Demos

DoubleDash

Found some nice (well they would be if I could get them to run!) demos in /usr/demos/OGLES/.

Error message says:

Code:
PVRShell: EGL Error (EGL_BAD_ALLOC)

InitAPI failed!

PVRShell: Unable to initialise EGL

The one I tried to run was /Fur/OGLESFur.

Anyone know how to resolve this?

Do this:

Code:
opkg install libgles-omap3-dev libgles-omap3-demos

.. then try the demo's again ..

Do this:

Code:
opkg install libgles-omap3-dev libgles-omap3-demos

.. then try the demo's again ..

^

Only if you are running your OS off SD card...otherwise you might fill up your nand :( ....unless you are comfortable with uninstalling the stuff...actually I don't even know how large the demos are.

Back to me trying to run the demos....perhaps I need to run them as su for some reason?

You won't fill up your NAND with those commands, and it seems like the problem goes away if you do the install and then try to run the demo. At least, on my system (which has had those packages installed to NAND) the demo's all run just fine .. "PVRShell: EGL 1.4 initialized"

I think the problem is the demos are linked against the -dev libs, though I'm not entirely sure ..

The demos used to be installed to NAND. They were removed with HF2 or 3, I believe. I ran them just fine, and enjoyed showing them off to people that questioned the Pandora's power (not that they're actually complicated, some of them just look pretty and people are easily distracted).

So I'm curious about two things: how do you still have them? And why don't they work?

Back