Opengl Es Libraries. Can't Install

Mr.TwisT

Hello, forum people,
I just got my Wiz today, been fiddling around with it - love the thing. There has been a problem though.
Usually I'm good with software (as a user), but here I just have no idea what's wrong.
I tried to run GlQuake and found out that I must install OpenGL ES Lite libraries. Now, on the OpenHandhelds website there are two versions - one from May and one from June titled "new". I tried running install.gpe of both - nothing, it just shows a loading screen briefly and exits to the menu. I tried running it from the root of an SD card, from the Quake directory both on the SD card and NAND, and from the root of NAND - nothing. My unit arrived with 1.1.0, I tried reinstalling the firmware and beginning from scratch - still no luck. I have no idea what to do. Could somebody please explain what should I do?
Thanks in advance.

The installation process takes place in the background. The script only copies one file to the Wiz filesystem. You can't see anything besides the black screen. There is no fancy installation program like you have with Windows or Mac operating systems... ;)
To play GLQuake you need to install the "old" version:

http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,23,54

Ok, I put the old libraries into NAND, ran the install. But still, when I run GlQuake - it exits to the menu. Could the old "new" libraries have not been removed?

No, the libraries will be simply overwritten.
Perhaps a problem with GLQuake. Do you put the games .pak files in the right folder?

BTW, You can check the OpenGL abilities with this program:

http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,23,53

Ok, it works now. Yeah, I had the Pak files along with another folder GlQuake from the CD. Looks like it interfered somehow. Anyway, it works now. Thanks guys!

Mr.TwisT said:
Ok, it works now. Yeah, I had the Pak files along with another folder GlQuake from the CD. Looks like it interfered somehow. Anyway, it works now. Thanks guys!

Glad you got it working, although be aware the wiz seems to run out of memory for textures, so when they start disappering....you wont be surprised.
I dont think the gl version made it faster/better image then the sw mode, unless your right on the texture its not so blocky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back