Release Ommpc 0.5.3

Coder_TimT

Well, it's been awhile, but I finally have a new version of OMMPC ready. Figured I would go ahead and cross post over here also.

For the completely uninitiated, OMMPC is One More MPD Client. So at it's core is a front end for the Music Player Daemon(MPD). However, for the supported portable devices it runs on it's more than that. It includes a standalone version of MPD that the UI controls, so you don't have to worry about setting up and configuring MPD, it's all done within the application itself. Just start it up, point it to your music, update the library and play. One caveat...MPD doesn't like it when WIFI is on but not connected. So you need to either be connected via WIFI or toggle WIFI off completely.

This version also adds mpdscribbler to talk to Last.fm...along with a couple other little things...

• Removed OMMPC's ability to change the cpu speed. Not working out in the multitasking environment.
  • Changes to settings screen to put paths at top to make it clear they need set at first launch. Also validate path before saving to help avoid non-starts after changing paths.
  • Scrobbling via mpdscribbler.

The main changes for this version deal with scrobbling. I've included mpdscribbler and am controlling it via the Ommpc UI. Enter username/pass on the setting screen and turn scrobbling on and it will kick off whenever you start up ommpc and shut down when you exit.

Let me know how it works for you...

Grab it from Openhandhelds or get it here.

Also just FYI, if you using MPD with any other client and are looking for a scrobbling solution, you can grab mpdscribbler out of the pnd and use it...it has a Pandora specific fix to correct for the way timezone's are handled by the OS, I know that was an issue with some other scrobbling solutions...

Last edited by a moderator:
yay scroblling with cache works, however it still gives the wrong time.

when I do date in terminal I get the right time, and in the panel right bottom is also correct. I don't know how I should get the correct time :( (maybe I was a bit premature on this one I forgot to set it to summertime will report back)

Ok im at GMT +2 and scrobbler scrobbles my entries as being 2 hours in the future

yay scroblling with cache works, however it still gives the wrong time.

when I do date in terminal I get the right time, and in the panel right bottom is also correct. I don't know how I should get the correct time :( (maybe I was a bit premature on this one I forgot to set it to summertime will report back)

Let me know what you find. I haven't really thought too hard about daylight saving time/summer time as I wasn't thinking there were any options of the sort in the date/time UI... I'm in US Central time, so choose GMT-6 which is what the 'date' command reports back for me...and this is currently working for me to report the correct time to last.fm...

I've updated mpdscribble in the latest ommpc where it should work correclty if the timezone is set correctly as described a coupe times in your other thread. Download from here.

Thank you :) (btw the detach option is very nice just quietly running it in the background)

Thank you for this I am DL'ing now. Will test tomorrow. Last Fm is my favorite streaming site so it should be fun to play with scrobbling.

Back