Retrieving file: /boot/zImage
reading /boot/zImage
** Unable to read file /boot/zImage **
Skipping mmcblk1p2 for failure retrieving kernel
2: mmcblk0p2
Retrieving file: /boot/zImage
reading /boot/zImage
** Unable to read file /boot/zImage **

I use a two partition scheme, one FAT, other EXT4. I copied things from the working uEnv.txt I use on IGEP :

Code:
label mmcblk1p2
kernel /boot/zImage
append console=ttyO2,115200n8 root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 bootdev=mmc mmcdev=1 bootpart=1:2 bootdir=/boot mmcrootfstype=ext4 rw rootwait earlyprintk fixrtc omapdrm.num_crtc=2 consoleblank=0 vram=12M omapfb.vram=0:8M,1:4M omapdss.def_disp=hdmi
fdtdir /boot/

label mmcblk0p2
kernel /boot/zImage
append console=ttyO2,115200n8 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 bootdev=mmc mmcdev=0 bootpart=0:2 bootdir=/boot mmcrootfstype=ext4 rw rootwait earlyprintk fixrtc omapdrm.num_crtc=2 consoleblank=0 vram=12M omapfb.vram=0:8M,1:4M omapdss.def_disp=hdmi
fdtdir /boot/

aTc uses just a single ext4 partition in the pyraOS. He has implemented automatic kernel updates via the repository, I just upgraded to kernel 4.3 via this method. There is a file in /etc/ called pyra_k... Something... Where you can configure your boot options and this is used to generate that /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf on kernel updates.

So if you are going to have an odd setup make sure that config file is updated to what reflects your setup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thx.
So, AFAIK, it seems that aTc's u-boot is fixed for a one-partition scheme, no matter the options it wants the kernel on the first one.
The 4.1-rc5 worked.
I found a 4.3 only in goldelico's repo, and it also works.
I now have to automatize the various installations in makesd.

It's not really fixed to one partition, it just expects that all the files specified in the extlinux.conf are on the same partition as where it found the extlinux.conf itself.
I think u-boot digs through the first 4 partitions of a device to find an extlinux.conf before moving on to the next device.
Once it has loaded the kernel it doesn't matter where you point the root=

The goldelico kernels only have a very basic configuration.
A 4.3 kernel with a few changes to work better with debian, dbp (aufs compiled in), and with the hardware I have connected to my board is here : http://packages.pyra-handheld.com/debian/pool/main/l/linux-4.3.0-rc5-letux-pyra/
Extracting the linux-image package should give you everything you need.

Ok thanks.
I'll try to move it on p2 although I think I've already tried that.

I've just opened a thread about a better effort unification.

It boots !

Two leds are blinking, is it normal or related to some error ?

normal hearbeat indicator I believe, on the PyraOS, aTc disables the annoying blinking when it boots up, but you may need to get past the first-boot wizard if you are dealing with the PyraOS.

Ok.
I'm on the Slackware ARM mini-rootfs for now, it's a 2mn SD creation time, good for makesd work ^^.

Is there a way to fix the MAC address with this new kernel ?

# modinfo smsc95xx | grep '^parm:'
parm:           turbo_mode:Enable multiple frames per Rx transaction (bool)

--Edit : I meant at boot time.

Is there a way to fix the MAC address with this new kernel ?

# modinfo smsc95xx | grep '^parm:'
parm:           turbo_mode:Enable multiple frames per Rx transaction (bool)

--Edit : I meant at boot time.

It seems mac addresses aren't stored like they should be on the EVM board. So I know two ways, one that lunixbochs just showed me and the way I did it before. obviously substitute my fake MAC address with a real one perhaps the one that was randomly generated.

Lunixbochs method (not sure if [Match] is needed I just copied and pasted).
create a file: /etc/systemd/network/00-default.link
add:

Code:
[Match]

[Link]
MACAddress=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
NamePolicy=kernel database onboard slot path
My prior way:
create an /ect/rc.local  file(if it doesn't already exist).
add:
Code:
/sbin/ifconfig eth0 down
/usr/bin/macchanger --mac=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX eth0
/sbin/ifconfig eth0 up

I don't use systemd ^^.

For the second method, macchanger isn't needed as you can do :

Code:
/sbin/ifconfig eth0 down
ifconfig eth0 hw ether 22:22:22:22:22:22
/sbin/ifconfig eth0 up

I think on Debian it's possible to put this in /etc/network/interfaces (with another syntax).

A 4.3 kernel with a few changes to work better with debian, dbp (aufs compiled in), and with the hardware I have connected to my board is here : http://packages.pyra-handheld.com/debian/pool/main/l/linux-4.3.0-rc5-letux-pyra/

Well, please provide me with a list what you ware missing in the goldelico kernel (letux_defconfig). Usually it does not harm to compile some more modules. Without such information I don't know what you expect and just put in what we need  :)

Well, please provide me with a list what you ware missing in the goldelico kernel (letux_defconfig). Usually it does not harm to compile some more modules. Without such information I don't know what you expect and just put in what we need  :)
It would be awesome, if there was a wacom.ko file in that package, so graphic tablets work out of the box. But whatever you wanna do is just fine ;)

Back