Omap3530 Package Details

SirisC

Is the omap processor used in the pandora housed in the CBC (515 pin), CBP (515 pin), or CUS (423 pin) packaging? (I've found a processor that may* be similar enough to swap out.)

What I am referring to is the different packages listed here.

*: I have a lot more documentation to read before I can be sure. But they both use the same ARM, NEON, & GPU. The OPP voltages for 1, 3, 4, & 5 are compatible as well. The clock generation is done the same, and the pin mapping for the two is identical as well. (The one I'm looking at has a listed a max speed of 2Ghz at OPP5) And the most important: I can purchase single units through Mouser electronics for <$40.

[edit] It looks like I can only order single units of the CBC package, not the CUS package, and the CBC pinout doesn't line up perfectly like the CUS package does.

The university's EE department has one, and I'm still looking into the ram. If it is the CBC package, it probably won't work. I need to see what the pins that don't match up do.

<joke>theres me thinking you could just "pop" off the ram and replace it with 2GB</joke>

Perhaps this would work
http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/OMAP35x_To_AM37x_Hardware_Migration_Guide
not 2GHz but 1GHz is still faster than 600MHz

Back