Old WIZ card to Pandy

H

hakmanplayer

Aloha to all my friends out there.

Greetings from sunny Fort Lauderdale Florida where the bass bite regularly. :lol:

I have a 8gb card that i used to use for a WIZ. There are around 150 gpsp games on there. They worked on that WIZ.

I have gpsp wiz installed successfully on my Pandy. I have around 20 working games on it.

Instead of trying to re-download the other 130 games on my Pandora/gpsp wiz folder from scratch, is there anyway to transfer the games to my Pandora card from the WIZ card??

Can this be done on my computer using 2 cards on 2 sd card slots/reader??

Peace to you all. Hope my English is ok.

Yep, that's exactly the best way to do it. :)

An alternate method, if you only have one card-reader but do have room on your computer, would be to copy them there first. (Another one that springs to mind is that you might be able to do this using the Pandora's Mass Storage Mode, but I'm unsure about this one because I don't use that mode myself.)

Why not just do it on the Pandora? There are 2 SD slots and a built in file manager after all.

Why not just do it on the Pandora? There are 2 SD slots and a built in file manager after all.
Good point. But has the issue where copying between slots freaked out on some units been fixed yet? (This is the reason I never suggested it - if it has been resolved, I should update my info. :lol: )

And if you're a little bit tech-savvy, you could stick the card in a computer and SSH it across the network. That's how I plan on copying most files....

Yep, that's exactly the best way to do it. :)

An alternate method, if you only have one card-reader but do have room on your computer, would be to copy them there first. (Another one that springs to mind is that you might be able to do this using the Pandora's Mass Storage Mode, but I'm unsure about this one because I don't use that mode myself.)
I am going to give it a go tomorrow and will let you know the outcome.

Hmmm....sounds too easy :eek:

It works like a charm....PURRRRRFECTLY.

The only thing that surprised me was that i had to squeeze / zip the games again. :mellow:

I guess whenever you transfer a zipped game to another sd card it has to be zipped again??...even if it was on the WIZ card??

Putting all those games on a seperate card. Love it.

Prometheus,,,

Thank you dear.

Last edited:
I guess whenever you transfer a zipped game to another sd card it has to be zipped again??...even if it was on the WIZ card??
No, you don't. You normally don't unpack archives for transfers (would be stupid because it increases the file sizes which increases transfer time), for sure not without knowing.

Prometheus,,,

Thank you dear.
Never a problem - glad to have been of assistance. :)

No, you don't. You normally don't unpack archives for transfers (would be stupid because it increases the file sizes which increases transfer time), for sure not without knowing.
It seems that gpSP-Wiz (the GINGE-wrapped one for the Pandora) is a bit finnicky about what zip files it will and won't read, for some strange reason, and unzipping them and re-zipping them using Squeeze on the Pandora itself (or, in my case, File-Roller on Xubuntu) works around this issue. I'm guessing that unzipping and re-zipping the files in question here may be related to that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back